Berserks01 - Be My Vassal !!! (Warlords)

I've got it. Will play in a bit.

I agree that Monte should be first since he is first in score/military.

Hey Fox, something's wrong with the save. I can't open it. Either something's wrong with it, or something's wrong with my install of civ4 but I can open other games fine.

Can you post the autosave? Thanks.

That one works. Thanks.

Turn 0 - Took a look around. Didn't change anything since Fox did a great job MM :goodjob:
Turn 1 - Our scouting axe got pushed out of Arabia when Sally's border expands.
Turn 3 - Yaroslavl' found in our discussed spot, starts a monument. Moscow: archer -> sword. St. Petersburg: worker -> axe. I have a worker roading to connect Yaroslavl to our network and to work the lands around it. With the newly built archer guarding Moscow I sent it's warrior to scout Louis's land and the warrior at St. Petersburg to scout Monte's land since we have OB with them. Might as well scope out the layout of our land.
Turn 4 - Noticed that with the founding of Yaroslavl our science breaks even at 40%, so MM a little for faster growth so we can work more cottages to help it out.
Turn 5 - Freddy wants us to stop trading with Monte, I thought about it for 2 seconds and turned him down. Kublai wants OB, I agree. Rostov: rax -> axe.
Turn 6 - St. Petersburg: axe -> sword.
Turn 8 - Take a look at this barb city :lol: . My guess is it'll join Louis pretty soon.

Only other city I would build would be south of Moscow to take the sheep and gold. Just a heads up for next player, watch out for growth so we don't go into revolt.

We're now mainly on military build. We should be able to attack Sally soon.

Roster
berserks01 --> just played
Bede --> Up
frankcor --> on deck
DevilJin
GreyFox

Good turnset, Berserks. That was a great idea to send out some warrior scouts now that they're not needed for garrison duty. That'll help us make better decisions about what civs to target.

got ot for tonight. sheep and gold it will be.

I think I played a couple over the limit but now we are at 480 turns to go, so I think all is good.

The big news is that I trained out two settlers and broke the economy.

We got a little off course in our research efforts, as having Calendar would have made the banana town really productive of both hammers and commerce with cottages instead of farms. And we needed Sailing to take advantage of the coastal sites commerce anyway.

Construction finished just at the end, so I am heading back to pick up the precursors to Calendar before preceding any further down the tech tree.

Look at this map

Our natural develpoment pattern was straight up the spine of the continent.

Monte had to come from way to the east to encroach on the dyes location

but our eastern excursus to St Petersburg and then Rostov and Yaroslavl let Monte, Frederick and even Saladin get towns in what should have been our territory.

Looking ahead I think we need to remove Frederick, Saladin and Monte from the northlands and stretch Russia from sea to sea. Then think about France as Louis has the really powerful Pyramids....

The exploring warriors did a good job in the west

but were stymied in the east by the lack of Open Borders with Saladin and Frederick. Next player shoould push east into Arabia (we now have Open Borders with Saladin, and at least trace the outline of the German borders.

The bulk of the troops are in the north now, as Frederick makes the best target, even though we know nothing of his lands. The only hitch in that plan is that he and Saladin are co-religionists and just may ally against us. An alternative would be to strike at Monte's dyes town and try to reclaim that for Russia.

I realize that both the sugar town, the bananas at Novgorod and the dyes that Monte now holds won't come into play until Calendar, what that tells me is that we should make all deliberate speed to getting that tech. I know I made it tough with the two new towns as we can't afford the research bills, but capturing a town or two could easily pay for it.

Louis is going on Wonder Binge as he has built Stonehenge, the Pyramids, the Parthenon and the Confucian shrine (yes he has Code of Laws) and built the shrine the same turn the religion was announced. Monte has built the Hanging Gardens, I think.

We are finally getting some religion, as we have picked up both Confucianism and Judaism.

And the barb city highlighted by 'zerks was captured by Monte!

That's some excellent exploring you did there :goodjob:

So it's a toss up between Freddy and Sally on who to take out first. My suggestion would be Sally first and then move onto to Freddy. Reason being it would limit the number of "exposed" bordering cities that are liable to be attack and we'd be forced to put more troops just to garrison it.

But let's hear what the team has to say.

Now i'm afraid that when we'll fight againts freedrick or saladin, Montezuma will attack us when our army will be less powerful.

Frankcor is up. Do we know if any of the AI's have Feudalism yet? That'll help decide who to attack first since they need it to capitulate. Or do they need to adapt vassalage civic?

Roster
berserks01
Bede --> just played
frankcor --> Up
DevilJin --> on deck
GreyFox

Frankcor you there?

If frankcor can't pick up by tonite, deviljin should take it.

It's been a couple of days, so we'll skip frankcor this round.

Roster
berserks01
Bede --> just played
frankcor --> skip
DevilJin --> Up
GreyFox --> on deck

It's alright. RL could be tough.

Roster
berserks01 --> on deck
Bede --> just played
frankcor
DevilJin
GreyFox --> Up

lurker's comment: Personally i'd go for freddy, if only because his Uu wont be inplay right now, whereas them keshiks can be an arse to kill. Otherwise interesting read so far :)

I don't know abt attacking, but our economic situation is terrible. 2g @ 0gpt with 20%? :eek: Once we declare, half of our army goes out of border, we will be broke. We don't even have enough troops for my taste.

I need to fix the situation a bit ...

MM'd throughout to focus on commerce, especially those city that are at happiness limit.

When gold mine is worked upon, situation will be improve by a lot.

I think next player can declare when the cats are in place. There are only 2. Most cities are building infrastructure as we simlpy can't afford to grow our army with all cities building troops.

I still think hitting on sally first is better.

There are only 2 pics worthy in my turnset, and most civ came knocking to trade ivory ... yeah, how dumbass you think I am?

>>> The Save (350AD) <<<

--

Top Bottom