1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Berserks01 - Space Monkies

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by berserks01, Jun 19, 2007.

1. berserks01

berserks01 Obviously Very Confused

Here to try out my weakest victory type ... and I need help with it.

Settings
    Version: Warlord
    Difficulty: Prince/Monarch
    Map: Pangea
    Civ: Shaka
    Speed: Normal
    Victory: All enabled

The Variant
    1. Can only build cities with at least 3 forest/jungle tiles within its BFC
    2. Can not chop forest/jungle within a city BFC past the rule 1 requirement
    3. For every 2 cities there must be at least one banana
    4. Only cities with banana in their BFC can build space ship parts
    5. Must win by Space Victory

The start
    TBD

Roster
    GreyFox
    Berserks01
    Rex Tyrannus
    Sammcs
    Negyvenketto
    Lucky1972

Edit: People I like/played with before have priority, and monky business welcome and embraced

2. sand

sand under the sun

good luck with that.

3. mice

mice Moose

Lurker's comment, not sign up.

That's really hard. There's not so many bananas in the game. Will you use tropical or normal type map.

4. berserks01

Tropical map would be best suited for this sg.

5. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Again not a sign up,

As mice said, this would be really hard as not many bananas out there and they tend to be in jungle areas, which means the cities will have really bad production, which would be really bad for space building.

If you took out or changed rule 4, you should be able to win this, with it in .... Good luck!

6. mice

mice Moose

I just loaded up a standard size pangea tropical as shaka. dont know if it's spoilerish so I'll be cautious

Spoiler :
    There were 5 bananas. The production around them was actually quite good. You could certainly build the SS with those cities.They were clumped a bit, with one half of the map almost without bananas

The way to go would be to conquer most of the map just to prevent an AI launch, and at the same time avoid getting domination.
    On monarch it would be a late launch, but doable IMO.

7. Rex Tyrannus

Rex Tyrannus 280lbs of gross stupidity

i don't think the rules are too restrictive. (And I am glad I'm not the only one to misspell "Monkeys" in an SG title.) I'll even sign up, methinks. If you'll have me.

8. Ozbenno

I was also going to post that you'll get Rex to sign up with the monkeys in the title. :lol:

Having seen mice's spoiler it probably is doable, can of course run workshops under State Property. You'll have no problems out-researching the AIs, even without hacking them down.

9. Sammcs

Sammcs Chieftain

Count me in.

10. mice

mice Moose

Actually rule 2 is tough. It takes out a lot of hills.

And clarify for me, the rule two cities to one banana, is that as the game runs along , or by the end of the game?

There's some good production in cities with no bananas, but the ones with bananas often have jungle on the hills, ie. no use. Rice in jungle is out.

11. Codeman

Codeman King

lurker's comment: rule 2. would it allow for the removal of jungle to obtain any resource? say gems, iron, dye, etc.

12. berserks01

To clarify on rule 2, it's as the game runs along and would not allow for removal past the 3 forest/jungle per city requirement.

That's to say, we can't do it ... but there's nothing stopping the AI's from doing it and us taking the city from them :mischief:

I've edited rule 2 a little to give some leeway, otherwise it might be too hard as some of you have pointed out.

Rex, you're welcome to join.

Sammcs - I'd be happy for you to join, but can you give me an idea of what level you're at?

13. Rex Tyrannus

who gives a flung turd? without sammcs, we're the only two on the roster. must...find...more...<ook>monkeys...[wanders off to go find something to poke into the termite mound]

14. berserks01

Just wanted to know his level, he's still on the roster. Stop :gripe: and find more monkeys.

15. Ozbenno

Either of you two monkeys thought of posting in the game registration thread.

Also, berserks if you want, I'll generate a map for you to make sure there are bananas on the map and close by if you want. Just PM me the details of what you want and consider it thought about being done.

16. mice

mice Moose

This will make it interesting because you could be waiting for the AI to improve the cities before you attack, but not to the point of them chopping the jungle or you'll have to raze it. It's gonna be all about scouting.

17. Rex Tyrannus

Just use the rotqm3 map, there's a whole banana island.

Regarding war, if the spirit of this game is to go to space, we probably don't want much warring. Just enough to give us breathing room. Otherwise, it's yet another military game where we scored a non-military victory (YAMGWWSANMV).

18. GreyFox

GreyFox Make it so ...

I think rule 2 is fine (maybe due to the modifications) ... it is rule 4 that I feel is artificial.

Count me in as a back-up player ... I am actually trying to cut down on SGs in anticipation of a series of business trips coming up next week all the way through July. It is kind of refreshing that I am, for first time in a long while, down to 1 active SG and 3 not-so active ones.

@mice: I think the point berserks is trying to make is you don't have to raze. The rule only says "we can only build city with 3 trees-of-some-kind" (damned tree-hugging monkies!), nothing is stopping the monkies from taking over cities without trees.

--

19. Ozbenno

:lol: Certainly crossed my mind.

20. Lucky1972

Lucky1972 Prince

This will certainly be fun to watch. I am tempted to sign up, but the rules seem very chalenging, I don't know if I could handle it. Besides, my other (first and only) SG is Shaka as well...

But if you are short of players and don't mind to have a newcomer, you can count me in. But I don't mind to step out if more people want to join.