BERT messed up the UI mods, or is it just me?

brykiet

Chieftain
Hi there!

After upgrading to BERT, even simple UI mods (like the SimpleClock one, also used in tutorials) stopped working for me (meaning that no clock is displayed).

Can any of you confirm that there is something wrong with BERT in this matter? Did the way of creating UI mods have been changed?

It is worth noting that e.g. mods which add new building types do work correctly.

UI mods will break on the tiniest of changes. I'm not at all surprised. Personally I use the same methodology and I've had no trouble hacking the BERT UI. Don't know about SimpleClock...

UI mods will break on the tiniest of changes. I'm not at all surprised. Personally I use the same methodology and I've had no trouble hacking the BERT UI. Don't know about SimpleClock...

SimpleClock just displays a text docked in the upper center of the screen. And in BERT (and in Vanilla, patched to the latest versioon) the clock does not display.

Same goes with displaying simple "hello, world" static text. It does work in Civ 5 though.

Works perfectly fine for me, font is just half as big as it should be.

I finally solved the problem - Lua in Civ:BE was not parsing the path to user data folder correctly, due to a polish sign in my username.

Strangely, the problem does not occur in Civ 5 - Lua handles it just fine.

Top Bottom