1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Besieging...and Damage to enemy units adjacent to city

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by pipeora, Nov 12, 2011.

1. pipeora

pipeora Chieftain

Originally posted in the ideas/discussion board. I may have gone to the wrong thread...sorry for that. And hope this is the right place.

I would like to ask...anybody here knows if there's better way to lay siege to a city in the current version?
    Buildings in cities will enable the defensive side to do up to...like 80% damage to my units PER TURN. And the surround and Destroy method does not seem to work every time (sometimes -60% to the enemy for the first turn, but quickly shrink to -5% in the second).
    My corps under the high walls of Akkad are really desperate, event with like 6 times more units than the garrisons in the city. Can someone give them a helping hand?

2. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Are you using V18 or the latest SVN?

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

A lot of ways to overcome this are discussed here!

We also discussed and generated some changes to the system there but if you're not on the SVN, you'll have to wait for the next version which will be fairly soon I think. Until then, it can be kinda fun learning how to overcome this. I'm no longer stressed by the problem due to strategies I now employ (mostly beelining it to getting confusionism and giving all my attack units an extra movement so they can get in and through in one round.)

4. pipeora

pipeora Chieftain

I'm using v18. I haven't figured out how to use the SVN...

Reading Thunderbrd's post now! Very helpful. thanks a lot!

5. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

V19 will be out in about 2 weeks, which will have this toned down (as is current on the SVN)