Best 80s cartoon?

Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines was a US cartoon from the 60s.

It was quite good.

Maybe the thread should be 80s and before.
I liked Dastardly and Muttley. :)

Let's see... Flintstones, The Jetsons, Birdman, The Herculoids, Shazzan!, Marine Boy, Kimba (the old ones before they changed that wonderful theme music to some insipid crap), Underdog, Tintin... I watched Scooby-Doo if there wasn't anything else on and I wanted background noise. Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm were entertaining though. Of course my favorite character was Moonrock. I'm probably forgetting a bunch of them.

Yeah, I forgot to mention Bugs Bunny and the Road Runner, Tweety & Sylvester, etc.

The very best, however, were the Peanuts specials. You just can't beat the Charlie Brown Christmas special or the Great Pumpkin.

Probably the bleakest cartoon of the 80s (it had some rather interesting elements like monsters of a dual nature that dwelled below the ground).

Link to video.

Inhumanoids, the evil that lies within (from down in the fiery depths of the earth where nightmares...begin) ;)

Anyone can still remember Captain Planet ?? :D

In that case, there's the Pink Panther, Road Runner, and Noggin the Nog.

Link to video.

And, of course, (how could you forget?) Captain Pugwash.

Link to video.

And Mr Benn was good

I liked Dastardly and Muttley. :)

Let's see... Flintstones, The Jetsons, Birdman, The Herculoids, Shazzan!, Marine Boy, Kimba (the old ones before they changed that wonderful theme music to some insipid crap), Underdog, Tintin... I watched Scooby-Doo if there wasn't anything else on and I wanted background noise. Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm were entertaining though. Of course my favorite character was Moonrock. I'm probably forgetting a bunch of them.

The Flintstones, Tintin and Scooby - Doo were good. I have not seen or do not remember the others.

The Flintstones, Tintin and Scooby - Doo were good. I have not seen or do not remember the others.
You never saw Underdog or The Jetsons? :(

'80s cartoons are pretty much all junk, people just nostalgia-fy themselves into thinking they were decent.

'90s cartoons, on the other hand, are objectively great, and I'll fight the man who say's they're not.

Speaking of French cartoons, this may technically be from the 1970s but it owned and still owns, just watch that damn intro sequence (the version I found has Norwegian speech so unless you understand that you might as well quit after the intro).

Link to video.

I can't argue with Ulysses 31.

All I can add to what's been said already is the Mysterious Cities of Gold.

Link to video.

Gotta back lindsay40K here. There were many good ones, but Mysterious Cities of Gold stand head and shoulders above the rest.

That it got an actual, honest to God, plot-continuing sequel (labeled as season 2 of the original; ie NOT a reboot/reimagining/remake) three decades later s pretty telling. That the channel that got them in Quebec is using it as the absolute highlight of their holiday season schedule (pretty much the best slot available) says even more. That said channel getting the rights to the series and announcing when it would air were both headline-worthy items for entertainment news sections in major medias says a great deal as well.

In the French speaking world, and especially Quebec, Les Mystérieuses Cités D'Or was the generation-defining classic of the eighties.

Top Bottom