Best 'Age of' game

What's the best 'Age of' game you've played?

• Age of Empires / Rise of Rome

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings / Conquerors

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • Age of Mythology / The Titans

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Age of Empires III / The Warcheifs / Asian Dynasties

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters
I had to vote for AOE. It was the first game to get me into RTS! It was also the first game that I paid for.

Age of Empires II is one that I keep coming back to. The third one never held my interest for long, and I've never played Mythology.

Amen.
I and II were on equal footing at their times IMO, I still owe my mum the money for the first one though... :mischief:.

I've heard it's fantastic, but I'm not a big fan of RTS (Age of Kings and Company of Heroes are about as far as I ever get). I'll let it lie as a game I should buy, but never will, and as such will say no wrong about it :)

Age of Empires II obliterates the mythology rip-offs.

Trust me, you don't know how much fun AOM is until you see a giant three headed dog jumping out of hell, a ship getting ripped apart by a kraken, a huge bird coming out of heaven, a meteor raining down onto your enemy's town, a priest converting a baboon to fight for you, a crocodile throwing light beams at your enemy, or a giant statue of Poseidon coming alive and inevitably falling apart.

BEAT THAT!

Trust me, you don't know how much fun AOM is until you see a giant three headed dog jumping out of hell, a ship getting ripped apart by a kraken, a huge bird coming out of heaven, a meteor raining down onto your enemy's town, a priest converting a baboon to fight for you, a crocodile throwing light beams at your enemy, or a giant statue of Poseidon coming alive and inevitably falling apart.

BEAT THAT!

Don't forget resurrecting the gods to fight for your!

Age of Mythology is a very interesting and original game. I enjoyed it a lot, but I've always sucked at it.

Top Bottom