Best AI?

Switchblock

Kuriotate Scholar
Lately I've been wanting to try to play some modmods, I had FF installed on my old computer and loved it, but found it extremely dissappointing that the AI simply could not hadle everything.

With that in mind I pose this question: which modmod has the best AI that understands the features and can use them? If vanilla FFH2 is the best that would be nice to know too.

I believe it would be definetely Wildmana

I haven't played Wildmana. But, I do like RiFE. (RIse From Erubus) It does a decent job with most Unit AI, but does fudge the Worldspells a bit. Though, that may be fixed in an upcoming patch.

There's also the Better Naval AI in the modmods forum that has some improvements.

Hmm, I think it suffers from the same 'never attack' problems I'd seen in the latest FFH2 vanilla patches. In a small quick-tech game with agressive AI setting on monarch they never attacked until at round ~150 we decided to attack ourselves.
One of the enemy AI's had at least one killer stack of about 50 - 60 units just doing nothing. 30 - 40 of them were warriors. If they build so many warriors they should either attack or wait for better units since they have to pay upkeep for them.

I think the most aggressive AI still had FFH2 patch D - G, although they often don't build enough units.

However, considering features, unit balancing and stability, Wildmana is definitely the best FFH2 submod I've played so far.

If they build so many warriors they should either attack or wait for better units since they have to pay upkeep for them.

Not on the higher difficulties. The amount of free upkeep at high levels is kind of insane.

Top Bottom