Best Ball Immortal: Mansa

I've played your 4000 BC save as an experiment for myself till i settled my second city, than read the starts and comments of you guys, and i love the discussion. I would like to take part in this thread and get my own start criticed, but i understand if you feel you have enough players already :).

I think it'd be great if you posted your own effort. You can even bring it up to the founding of a second city if you like.

I stuck with my save on the off chance of having horses and not copper. Guess who got lucky!?!

Now, I don't know if that order was atually better, even with my luck, but I do know I have hooked up pigs, fish, and horses in the capitol in 2000BC. I also enjoyed the awesome fun of a massive misclick when I founded the second city one tile south of where I wanted it. I then had to try to replay the preceding turns as make sure I made all the same moves.

Anyways, second city is founded in 1920BC. Capitol has 3pop, techs went hunting-AH-Bronze-archery-pottery-working on horseback riding. Have one worker, 2 skirmishers, 2 warriors. Second city should be great IF I can get the borders to pop - Bronze, wheat, 2 grasslands gems.

Pics:

seens everyone playing to second city, I continue my turns untill sacond city founded, why happened exsecly 2000BC.

On turn 1 find hourses in capital. Send worker to connect.
turn 2 finished warrior- settler.
My going south warrior suddenly found unexplored hat, ahead of toky archer.

After that he found second hat, but defended by archer.

Reserch went animal husbentry - mysticism- meditation-prieshood(6)
I intent to build Oracle.
Finished settler- chariot-chariot(5)
After pasturing and connecting hourses worker paster sheep.
Found city 2000 BC just ahead of toky.
Spoiler :

See his settler? I choise this site because I can mine cooper strigth away and have food resource when border expand.

Capital currently still size 3, but will grow to 4 in 2 turns.
Spoiler :

Army is chariot and 4? I think warriors.
Additional spoiuler infor:
Spoiler :

Meat cyrus and found his border.

Save:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/84898/Immortal_Ball_BC-2000.Civ4SavedGame

Reference:
previous turns:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5088113&postcount=16
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5093518&postcount=44

We've got 4 2nd turnsets up to a second city. How about if we continue the multi-threaded (pick a save and go from there) until we get a third city. And include a dotmap and a strategic plan. Something like "I plan to settle one more city and then attack Toku." Maybe some comments on research and build priorities.

After that, we can decide if we want to continue (multi-threaded or pick one save), or if we want to reroll another start and try another start.

Next short turn set.

Turn 0 MM second city to work lake, dropping priesthood down to 5.
After worker finished road move it to chop forest.
Capital produced chariot, put one turn of shields into barrack and then priesthood was discovered.
Research went priesthood-Agriculture
Switch to Oracle, worker shop forest into oracle and move to chop roaded forest.
Then it went to mine cooper.

Here how capital were producing Oracle:
Note 16 shield turn for a time of production.

The moment cost of Oracle drop to whipe 2 pop I whiped it.

It is wasterfull, but it is immortal and 1600BC, it could be build any moment now.

So, here is the save at moment when I whiped Oracle.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/84898/Immortal_Ball_BC-1600.Civ4SavedGame

Very nice production indeed, Mutineer! I'm interested in your thoughts about what to do with Toku. Attack soon or wait and let him expand a bit.

I would attack Toky, but I can not right now.
I just whiped my productive population.

Everyhting has it cost, and my cost of getting Oracle is drop in production.

I am thinking of self researching Iron Woirking and building 3rd city at gems.

What I would do execly I did not decided yet. I migth look for opportunity to steal couple of workirs from Toky. I have a big shortage of workers. But again I am not 100% sure, as stealing workers will cause Toky to crank military production. I think ne still does not has cooper/hourses, but I amnot 100% sure. Not enogth information still.

What tech are you planning to grab with the Oracle? I'm assuming Monarchy so that you can run Hereditary Rule. The capital location has so many great tiles--food, production, and possible cottages--that it seems like it would make sense to house 10 troops or so and let it get very big very soon.

I tend to dismiss the possibility of getting the Oracle on Immortal, but it seems that with a concerted effort, you can get it most of the time, especially if you start with Mysticism.

Would you try to build any other wonders from this start?

Yes, Monarchy will be taken from Oracle. Unlimited happiness+ we have wines in capital.
Other wanders? no. Not on immortal not this start.
Great Ligthhouse could be a good idea, if we discover 2-3 civ early.
Spoiler :

Even if I found Cyyrus early, we only have one partner to use it on.

It take a long time to make Toky to open border, so for purpouse of trade he is a lost cause.
If I can claim Marble, I want Greate Library, but Because of only one tech trading partner I am not sure going Alphavit route is a good idea.

I had no idea getting the Oracle on Immortal was easily do-able, so I'd say that's the only thing I would definately change if I had to do my turns over.

How feasable is a horse-archer based attack force at this level? I haven't put a lot of turns into horseback riding, but it's too late in my game to go for the Oracle, so I was hoping for early horse archers to be put to good use.

In my honest opinion Hourse Archers are useless in vanilla.
In Warlords because of stables thinks become different.

How feasable is a horse-archer based attack force at this level? I haven't put a lot of turns into horseback riding, but it's too late in my game to go for the Oracle, so I was hoping for early horse archers to be put to good use.
Horseback Riding is a deadend tech, so it is not the best tech choice (at least until you need to build knights or cavs). The other thing is that Horse Arch. are expensive, I normally prefer to just build 2x as many chariots.

hmm... does it mean that My Oracle scare everyone? No one want to know the future? :)

Mutineer, I would love to see more of your game. I spent some time trying to dotmap the known world, but it's not completely clear where I would put the next cities.

With Mansa, it seems like lots of places could be made to pay for themselves, but I'm still trying to work out the balance of commerce vs. production cities.

So, if you (and anyone else!) are willing to play on, so am I. If it comes down to just a couple (or one :) ) person playing, I'd be willing to try my hand at the save too and see where our efforts diverge.

Top Bottom