1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Civ 5 Mods

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Stiflex, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Stiflex

Stiflex Chieftain

These are the top 5 Best Mods Of Civilization 5: Brave New World, I've compiled my personal list of the mods I enjoy the most and I believe are worth the most attention, Check them out! These are all in my opinion the best civ 5 mods. There are many other civ 5 mods in the steam workshop page, a lot of them are not compatable with the brave new world expansion. Either way, I'd really recommend you try out these 5 mods, they're surely worth your time!

Link to video.

Links and downloads are in the videos description! :)

2. Stiflex

Stiflex Chieftain

We've reached 50k video views on the video! Should I consider doing something similar to this, guys :D?

3. Melda

Melda Wannabe Psephologist

Interesting mods.

I like the Communitas ones (largely because of the random events that come up) and Civ Names by Policies which describes the type of nation you have based upon the social policies you've chosen. It's really good but not perfect (has some weird outcomes that aren't intuitive).

Unless you meant you were thinking of doing a 'top 5 IAAR/threads on Civfanatics'. :p

4. Stiflex

Stiflex Chieftain

Yes! Those are great suggestions! I really love the civ names by policies one, I've actually played with it a lot, it adds a bit more aesthetic to the overall diplomacy look, I might in fact include it in a new video if I choose to do one.

5. Melda

In an IAAR I'm running at the moment (the Delphi one in my signature) we're using it to flavour the roleplaying aspect of it (e.g. China is ruled by a Despotess, the Shoshone is a republic run by two consuls, whereas Delphi is a kingdom, etc.).

As I said, it's not perfect because there are some truly bizarre outcomes but it's such an effective immersion tool I'm willing to ignore these shortcomings in-game. One of the best mods I've ever used.

6. Stiflex

Stiflex Chieftain

I'm more interested in actuall in-game mods. (IAAR is a forum lp, basically, right?)

7. Melda

Gotcha. ;)

I don't know what lp stands for. :)

8. Wyverncraft

Wyverncraft ¡Viva la Revolución!

lp = let's play

I would not describe it as such.
    It is much more roleplaying-based, with some (like Melda's) focused on politics or others (GaP) being much more about characters.
    IAAR = Interactive After Action Report

9. Stiflex

Stiflex Chieftain

lp is Let's play.

10. KingMonty

KingMonty Chieftain