1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Civ for least city management?

Discussion in 'Strategy Section' started by Jiggly, May 1, 2020.

1. Jiggly

Jiggly Warlord

I tend to quit late game because of the insane amount micromanagment required for city building. Aside from Venice, is there anyway to play the game as a conquerer without having an absurd amount of cities to deal with?

Are there any mods that let AI take over city management but dont build units for you?

2. InkAxis

InkAxis Warlord

Well if you don't want a lot of cities to manage then a tall game is probably what you mean, like Arabia. But I'm pretty sure you mean you still want to be warmonger in which case puppeting cities is literally letting the AI control your cities, no management necessary. Puppets become pretty good with the social policy Martial Law in Imperialism. You can also use vassals.

3. Jiggly

Jiggly Warlord

Yes exactly I still wanna warmonger but I hate puppeting cities cause they never build walls, castles or arsenals which makes them sitting ducks essentially

4. Jiggly

Jiggly Warlord

I was thinking maybe Rome cause then I wouldnt need to build 100 buildings to catch an annexed city up and I wouldn't have crap puppet cities although i'm not sure if defensive fortifications stay?

5. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

You could also go Authority Venice. You can direct your puppets just enough to build the key defensive buildings you want...otherwise just let them do there thing and go off a warring.

black213 likes this.
  6. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

tu_79 and Casworon like this.
  7. Jiggly

Jiggly Warlord

Thanks for this!

Are you aware if it builds units also cause I remember I tried something similar to this a long time ago but it would build units which was a problem. Also have you personally tried it? Does it build semi intelligently?

8. andersw

andersw King

I agree Rome works but if you're too far ahead you'll get cities without infra anyway.
    Another option is to choose a smaller map with fewer civs.
    I wouldnt trust autobuilding but then again I enjoy the city and worker micro.

9. Legen

Legen King

Assyria comes to mind. People loved to go Tradition for the early writer, fill the UB for elite units and go on an early conquering spree with the UU, puppeting the continent. I don't know if it is viable nowadays, you could give it a try.

KaoticKanine and black213 like this.