Best Civ?

bioelectricclam

Warlord
Just wondering what you think the best civ/leader is and why.

As for myself, I am currently loving England and Elizabeth. Great leader traits and unique building/unit, can't really think of anyone who has a better setup for mid-game dominance and the mid game is where it's at.

Just wondering what you think the best civ/leader is and why.

As for myself, I am currently loving England and Elizabeth. Great leader traits and unique building/unit, can't really think of anyone who has a better setup for mid-game dominance and the mid game is where it's at.

HC

Financial for a greta economy

Industrious for early wonderspamming

Quencha for either a very early rush or early defense allowing you to delay the normal military techs

Starting techs agriculture andd mysticism allows an early religion while starting to produce food ASAP

UB that get's culture very early.

HC

Financial for a greta economy

Industrious for early wonderspamming

Quencha for either a very early rush or early defense allowing you to delay the normal military techs

Starting techs agriculture andd mysticism allows an early religion while starting to produce food ASAP

UB that get's culture very early.

I'd have to agree that the Inca are very powerful, though I do think that the Quechua have one glaring weakness: if no one is nearby, you've wasted your UU. Great for an early rush on crowded maps, not so great if your playing, say, Archipelago. Or R_rolo1 designed your maps :p .

Quencha is 1 of the best units i think, i can allow you to get rid of 1 neighbor or even take over his city if it grown, then you can expant into his land.
So i go for the Incans as the best Civ for say a terra map

for other maps i have to say someone who is organized so you can build a large empire, and aggresive so you can get combat 1 free for a few units, so i have to go with Toconowa (yes i spelled it wrong), except for when your versing on arcapelico or playing a OCC on multiplayer, then org isnt that good of a trate.

Darius of Persia. FIN/ORG and Immortals. 'Nuff said.

Quencha is 1 of the best units i think, i can allow you to get rid of 1 neighbor or even take over his city if it grown, then you can expant into his land.
So i go for the Incans as the best Civ for say a terra map

for other maps i have to say someone who is organized so you can build a large empire, and aggresive so you can get combat 1 free for a few units, so i have to go with Toconowa (yes i spelled it wrong), except for when your versing on arcapelico or playing a OCC on multiplayer, then org isnt that good of a trate.

Ah, you play Vanilla. I used to adore Tokugawa (pronounced toh-koo-gah-wah...maybe now you'll remember it), but in Warlords they butchered his traits by making him Protective and Aggresive. It can be a nice combo once you get Gunpowder, but I find it lacking compared to the old version.

I find it kinda difficult to name one leader the best, end all leader, it depends highly on the map, difficulty, strategy, but you can often name a few that hold important characteristics.

The most Flexible: Liz
The easiest to play with: HC
The most Synergetic: Cyrus
The best Techer: Darius
The best Rexer: Catherine/Joao virtual tie.
The best on water maps: Willem

And I could go on but I ran out of easily explained strats to rank, most other require a more complicated description.

I like Pericles of Greece (Phi/Cre) the most. For my playstyle I just seem to get the best 0-AD tech rate almost regardless of expansion style with him. An empire of a few larger core cities under caste system with lots of scientists, or an empire of a bunch of smaller cities with 2/scientists apeice doesn't make too much difference. I also enjoy not having to waste time on 'Henge/Monuments so all cities get ideal placement and focus immediatedly on their economy. Phi + cheap libraries to start running those GS's earlier doesn't hurt either.

playing rome just always seemed to me like i was playing on a lower difficulty setting. no matter the leader, just the prats.

and the forum is really unique building - you've got lots for health/happy/prod/commerce, but this is IRC the only one directly adding to GP points.

Ghandi , spir/phil has amazing synergy and its hands down the best SE hero.
UU that is usefull mostly in the beginnening and a quite decent UB that comes into play after my beeline to rifles .

HC's power is borderline ******ed. He's really flexible too...capable of wonder spam or CE ownage. Just in case you get boxed in you get a UU that smokes archers too, because a powerful trait leader needs something like that...

I haven't played BTS but Darius of Persia seems a strong leader too. Fin/Org is a solid combo, his post-war recovery time must be ridiculously fast.

There is no "best" civ.

Almost every civ is best in SOME maps/situations/game settings/options etc etc

For every civ/leader named as "best", I can think of a situation where they would suck.

I mostly enjoy playing on huge island maps, where there's 1 big main island for each civ, and a few extra small islands around.

I like long games and focuse on making my civ large and prosperous. I tend to wait until very late in the game before attacking anyone - to me the thrill is more building and maintaining as "perfect" a civ as possible, and not so much 'winning' the game.

What civ/leader would you recommend for this type of play?

Having heaps of fun with Cyrus.....settle , fight ,recover , fight.......you stop you die

honourable mention to Babylon.......awesome traits for fighting , just awesome..A bit of a slow starter and I know his UU is nothing special (something about being agressive and not building melee units is never fun.just remind yourself you do get a benefit building archery units through cheap barracks).And besides that the UU is actually handy cause its cheap , resourcless and does a damn good job against axes

Gilgamesh..awesome REXER , creating mayhem with espionage is too much fun....add vultures and it can get silly

I'd have to agree that the Inca are very powerful, though I do think that the Quechua have one glaring weakness: if no one is nearby, you've wasted your UU. Great for an early rush on crowded maps, not so great if your playing, say, Archipelago. Or R_rolo1 designed your maps :p .

Don't forget that the Quechua is a top, resourceless, techless anti-barb unit too, and barbs are almost guaranteed to be a problem if there is plenty of land but no neighbour nearby. Whilst I agree that the Quechua is not so outstanding on an Archipelago map, Industrious and Financial are. Financial needs no explanation, but Industrious would practically guarantee the GL and/or Colossus, without scuppering development too much.

The Inca are the strongest civ by a mile imho. I think they would be above average if you took away one of their traits, or even their UU. Many people seem to have the mentality that if you play HC you must rush a neighbour, but that's just one of the many options available. Cheap SH (with Industious), a resourceless anti-barb UU, and Financial for maintenance make the Inca a great rexing civ too. HC is an effective wonderspammer as well.

Whilst there might be various civs that can rival the Inca in one particular strategy, I can't think of any that would work so well over such a wide variety of scenarios.

I like the Celts with Brennus because with the Spiritual traits can't it be anarchy and with Hunting as start technology you got a Scout instead of a Warrior and I think Scout is better for exploring (that's what I do in the early game) because it has 2 moves, Warrior only 1.

Gurra09

I have been having fun with Darius and Gilgamesh as of late.
Both have strong early rush units (Immortal and Vulture) and have traits/UB to transition into a strong post-rush economy.

Top Bottom