Best colony ever

Pearls to the north, I'm guessing the AI didn't have them for itself.

Those are fish. And oh boy can I assure you, they have plenty of fish. I have 12 fish between my 3 cities. The people of this planet have got to be really, really sick of seafood.

I wonder if ciV is like cIV where the AI knew where future resources were going to pop up and settled there in anticipation.

Time and time again I watched the AI settle some incredibly crappy sites only to have oil, coal, aluminum or uranium turn up there afterward.

Could be a cheat for the AI in order to guarantee it some strategic resources.

Hahaha I like ur sense of humor! :)
Hey maybe they are Eskimos, get yourself a whale contact and they will be right at home :)

I wonder if ciV is like cIV where the AI knew where future resources were going to pop up and settled there in anticipation.

Time and time again I watched the AI settle some incredibly crappy sites only to have oil, coal, aluminum or uranium turn up there afterward.

Could be a cheat for the AI in order to guarantee it some strategic resources.

Totally Totally agree and suspect this too. On my second game, Persians settled on all desert terrain, which was coasts, but no fish whales or pearls. Literally all desert and desert hills.

Sure enough, biology pops and they have, next to the city, 2 oil tiles.

I am on to you Darius and the rest of your cheating ais.

i think the option to settle an outpost or something to gather a resource out in teh boonies would be nice. But settling a new city works too i guess lol

Quite frankly, I don't know why city placement is an issue with the A.I. Even if the A.I. settles a city in a location without good resources, resources aren't the only thing that makes a city important. There is also strategic placement, which anywhere on the archipelago map would be helpful, but there is also the fact that it's plainly a city. Historically, civilizations have many times settled cities in pretty inhospitable locations like basically a large part of wintry Canada by France. Even if the beaver resource was one of the reasons that France settled there, the prevailing motivation was the fact that the imperial court just wanted to expand their empire in the New World. Just simple empire building isn't that far-fetched an inspiration, and that colony in the picture was right next to the mainland of Siam. Cities have a good in and of themself.

Top Bottom