1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Country in Scandinavia

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mango Elephant, Apr 25, 2011.

?

Which country is the best?

1. Sweden

33.0%
  2. Denmark

33.0%
  3. Norway

34.0%
  1. dannyshenanigan

dannyshenanigan Emperor

I voted for Norway mainly because I like fjords. One of my great great grandfathers came from there as well.

2. Angst

Angst Rambling and inconsistent

People in Denmark are generally 'cheaper' to 'get to know' than Swedish or Norwegian girls. Also, we have plenty of pretty people to go by.

Also, what kind of Dane would I be if I didn't vote 'Denmark'?

Also, btw, the stereotype about pretty Swedish girls isn't true. Look elsewhere in Scandinavia. The prettiest are in Norway of the three major; of the minors of Iceland and Finland, Iceland has the prettiest people.

3. SuperJay

SuperJay Bending Space and Time

But but... Cheetah says Norwegian girls are scary and bad!! :(

4. Agent 1337

Agent 1337 Chieftain

5. kochman

kochman Deity

Haven't been to Norway...
    I actually found the Danes to be the prettiest... I mean, I began to wonder if modeling is a thing that the dumbs one fall back on, because almost every woman I saw was beautiful (and I don't even generally like blondes!).

BUT, it's a close call, and I bet the Norwegians are right there too... Scandinavia produces beautiful women. Period.

6. Angst

Well.

She's scary and bad, I guess? :mischief: (I know her, of course. Norwegian girls are very pretty and have a certain kind of charm. Also, the language is freaking sexy. I played with a Norwegian female bassist once. Rawr.)

Haha, the dumb ones. Don't know what to say to that. :p I'm happy you enjoyed the view here.

But yes, Scandinavia does indeed produce beautiful women, and that's actually a thing I'm very happy for. If anything, breasts unite the North.

7. SuperJay

:lol: That's it, I'm moving to Scandinavia!!

8. GP850mAh

GP850mAh Chieftain

GREAT! Just remember to bring your own beer:lol:

9. Yared

Yared That Guy

To be honest, I don't think that Scandinavia is good at producing beautiful women as much as it's bad at producing ugly women.

10. Cheetah

Cheetah Deity

Great. :cringe:

I don't care if you swing both ways joakim, but I have no need of attracting more men to Scandinavia. Actually, we should have like a club-rule or something: A guy is only granted entry if accompanied by at least one hot chick! :D

Well, honestly, we're doing pretty good, but we are starting to get more fat people overall. I hope the trend can be reversed soon. :sad:

11. SuperJay

Hahaha, noted. I'll make sure to check that with Danish (?) immigration when I arrive. "Sir, yes, I've brought the one (1) hottie as required per Article XXIV, Section 42." :lol:

(So you WERE misdirecting us in the Ask a Man thread... I knew it. Very sly, but your knavish tricks have been confounded at last.)

Actually, question for srs: which of the three Scandinavian nations are most welcoming to immigrants? Even... *gulp* American ones? :blush:

12. GP850mAh

GP850mAh Chieftain

I bet you'll be welcomed in all of them if you just bother learning the language and contribute to society by working and paying taxes.

13. Loppan Torkel

Loppan Torkel Deity

One pity-vote for our little brothers in the southern provinces :pat:

14. Verbose

Verbose Deity

Funny you should ask...;)

The answer to that one seems to be causing a bit of a row between Sweden and Denmark at present. I'd be very curious to hear you get back to us all after having looked into the similarities and differences in their legislation about immigration.:hmm:

15. SuperJay

Working and paying taxes is no problem, I'm an educated and skilled technical worker with 10+ years of experience in software development, but my skillet could transfer easily to other sectors. The language issue, though... :blush:

Hehe, well that backfired. :lol:

16. GP850mAh

GP850mAh Chieftain

Well, if you cna get a job in a english speaking company then it's no crisis if you don't know the language, but you should try and learn the language as soon as possible to make life easier and get to know people.

17. Angst

Honestly, people in Denmark are generally racist because we're not quite used to 'odd-colored' people yet. But it's more xenophobia than impoliteness. If you're a good boy, you'll get by easily. There's only very little violence in Denmark - if you're nonwhite, you'll most probably be safe. I don't think there has been a hate crime this year.

I don't know about Norway or Sweden.

18. SuperJay

Yeah, I'd certainly try to learn as much as I could of my adopted country's native language, I'm just skeptical about my ability to become fluent in any Scandinavian tongue. :p How widespread is English in normal day-to-day life, though?

Heh, I learned that from SATW!! :D

And yeah, I'm white as a sheet, ridiculously so. How do Danes (and Norwegians and Swedes) feel about redheads, though? Am I going to be treated to anti-ginger hate crimes?? :(

19. Sveon

Sveon Warlord

We're generally more impolite than xenophobic.

20. Angst

Lol, I don't think so. There are redhead jokes, but there are really, really few hate crimes in Denmark. As in really few. Really, really.

Oh, yeah, Danish humor. We're kinda rude. When we make fun of your hair and mock you, play along. Such kind of attention is a Danish way of being pleasant. Sarcasm as well, strangely enough.