1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Deals on Colonization Opening week

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - General Discussions' started by Tmoney02, Sep 12, 2008.

1. NHJ BV

NHJ BV El Presidente

Neat, I might even still have mine somewhere, although I haven't used it in at least a year.

2. TheDS

TheDS Regular Riot

That's a shame. Actually, that's TWO shames.

First, EU3 sucks. Looks like ass, wouldn't run on my $1500 laptop which runs everything else just fine, God help you if you've got Vista (redefines the word SLOW), and the gameplay just doesn't work. EU2 was MUCH better. I waited and waited to be able to get a computer that would even run the damned thing, and although there are a few interesting improvements, mostly it's just an exercise in frustration - not one iota of the joy of EU2. Is there some rule that 3's have to suck? RT3, MoO3, Civ3, EU3...

Second, COME ON! Have a little self-control, man! It's people like that, who "can't wait" that make these imbecile game publishers release shoddy code in the first place. Your rush rush rush serve me now attitude also means you'll overpay, and for what? So you can have a GAME a couple DAYS earlier than me?

At least wait and see if other people think it's worth the money. Not even Sid Meier is worthy of blind devotion.

3. ChrTh

ChrTh Happy Yule!

Circuit City is now showing it on their website for $24.99. It's 'coming soon'.

4. Seen

Seen Chieftain

You can easily get a new one. No clue were I left mine ;) And besides, it goes by region. I got my card in Leiden , but when i tried to use it in Hilversum he had to do it manually. And I live near Utrecht now so time to get an extra for the collection :lol:

5. Tmoney02

Tmoney02 Chieftain

Updated the main post with Fry's advertised Price. They are the cheapest place to get it if you have a store nearby. $23.99 available by noon 9/24.

6. ChrTh

ChrTh Happy Yule!

Amazon.com now says:

"In stock on September 24, 2008"

I don't know if that means they won't ship any copies until the 24th, or if they filled preorders today and won't have more until then.

7. Seen

Seen Chieftain

So you discriminate between US and others nations while links are provided.

Must be the focus of the game.

8. Tmoney02

Tmoney02 Chieftain

/snark

Wow, are you dense or something? Could you name all the various gaming stores in America, Australia, Europe, and Asia? No? Must be your nationalistic pride. :wallbash:

/snark off

Sorry for trying to be helpful, but I was providing info on what I was knowledgeable about and that is American stores. Especially since I posted sale prices on this thread two weeks ago that wouldn’t have been known until now.

I have no idea the names or information of stores in other nations. Other people were kind enough to add deals they found in Europe and other places. Instead of complaining about this thread perhaps you should be constructive and add to it. I am sure we would be happy to hear whatever deals you may know of. :shake:

9. grumbler

grumbler Prince

I couldn't find it on Steam. Do you have a link?