Best Expansion Mods

My favorite part in RoM was the future railroads, I forgot the name of that improvement, but it looked really cool.
Maglev and Jumplane. Actually those graphics are from Final Frontier. And yeah, they look cooool :)

Have you ever played Final Frontier or Afterworld?
As far as I know very few people actually like Afterworld but a lot of people like Final Frontier a lot.
I don't like either of them at all.
Also I have a question about RoM, in RoM when you build the space ship can you go into space or do you win like in Civ 4?

Have you ever played Final Frontier or Afterworld?
FF:
Civ4 is great on ONE planet but for a space TBS I prefer Moo2 or GalCiv2.

Afterworld:
Tried it once but that's all. Actually that is more of a "proof that this game can do even this" rather than a real playable mod.

Also I have a question about RoM, in RoM when you build the space ship can you go into space or do you win like in Civ 4?
Do you mean as a second map? No, Civ4 cannot do that. Although the C2C team is working on it.

Ha, I remember when I was 8 years old and I thought that if you launch the space ship then you go into space:lol:!
If C2C actually makes that possible it will probably be the best mod ever!

I have a friend to whom I plan to introduce rise of mankind, the only problem is he has Mac. Does Rise of Mankind work on mac as well?

Like most of the mods, it will not work on a Mac natively, because it uses a custom dll. The Mac version does not use a dll but includes everything that is in the game dll in the main C code. There are a few mods that don't use a custom dll and, therefore, work on a Mac. In order to use most of the mods, including Rise of Mankind, I run Parallels with Windows 7 installed in it as a virtual computer. All of the mods work there. If your friend does not have Parallels installed, it can be purchased from the company online for about $60. I bought the Windows version of CIV from GOG for under $10.

Top Bottom