Best Expansion Pack of 2007 at IGN

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
IGN has revealed their Best of 2007 award winners and the award for the Best Expansion category went to Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword! Here is what they said about it:

Firaxis's Beyond the Sword packs in enough new game concepts to qualify as a full-on sequel. It offers new strategies by beefing up the religion and espionage systems and adding in new rules for colonies and resource-specific corporations. If that's not enough, you can also throw in better AI, more combat options, and loads of other toys that make the original game even more fun.
The runners-up are The Elder Scrolls IV: The Shivering Isles and World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade.

Congratulations to Firaxis for the award!

:thumbsup: to them, one day i may yet progress to cIV! ;)

I think I wore myself out on Civ IV before BTS came out so I've had trouble getting into BTS as much as I anticipated... :(

Wow, impressive that BtS is even ahead of WOW (so many fanboys...) and a(nother) great game as ES4 - Oblivion. Of course I love BtS myself and voted for it on all pages that features such a survey. ;)

I thought GalCivII's expansion pack would be a runner up.

Let's not overinflate these guys' heads - this was not enough to make a full-on sequel (just because some companies have done that doesn't mean their dictionary is accurate). BtS should pretty much set the standard for what an Expansion is. LOD did the same for Diablo2, Dark Avatar did the same for GalCiv2, etc. These are expansions. They take the original experience and add to it and (in these cases) make it better. That they charged almost as much as for an actual whole new game is soemthing that should generally be looked down upon, though in these particular cases, I guess it was justified. The RT2 expansions were most definitely NOT worthy of a full-game price, frex, even though I wouldn't want to play without them (I play RT2 Platinum).

I wonder how much Firaxis had to pay for that.

Top Bottom