Best FFH Multiplayer Mod?

James009

Warlord
So, my friends and I recently decided we'd do some FFH multiplayer. I admit I haven't been following Civ IV as heavily the past year so we picked the the excellent Orbis mod-mod to game and, unfortunately, we get some annoying and constant OOS issues after about 50 turns. We need a good multiplayer mod for FFH.

Orbis is great but I cannot figure out whats causing the OOS. I disabled events and I'm trying to figure out how to disable ranged attacks but can't figure it out. Any tips or ideas?

Furthermore, any good mods of FFH that completely support multiplayer without OOS problems? Or do I need to just stick with default FFH?

Thanks for any tips or advice.

Master of Mana looks good but I've been unable to find a solid download link to it and a friend of mine simply cannot download it.

Note: I found that disabling Archer's ranged bombardment attack reduced or eliminated the OOS I was having.

I can confirm, that the more naval AI mod and Wildmana(the download should be around somewhere) both work in MP.

Naval AI mod 1.7 is one of the best (tested) mods for Multiplayer

(now, if you wanted to install *my* mod to try it out, I wouldn't mind :) )

Naval AI mod 1.7 is one of the best (tested) mods for Multiplayer

(now, if you wanted to install *my* mod to try it out, I wouldn't mind :) )

I can't seem to get wildmana mod as it has been removed does master of mana work online ? Or should i just stick with Naval AI Mod?

Stick with Naval AI mod for now .... do you play your MP games on Quick Speed?

Maybe we can play together on Naval AI mod. (i'd be willing to play MP on normal speed as well, its just less common)

thinking about making a mod to make MP games more fun.

I'm just curious tho I heard wildmana mod merged to master of mana mod and was just wondering if anyone knows if master of mana has any OSS issues when playing online every few turns 100 into the game.

If it comes to MP stability Wildmana is rock solid. Master of Mana was also quite stable in our test games, but we didn't try the late game so not sure about that.

IMHO Wildmana 8 is the most fleshed out FFH2 mod. It's my personal favourite, I really like it and played it a lot in MP.

Master of Mana has some interesting new features but lacks a lot of fine tuning and balancing. If you try it, I'd advice the 1.2 version. It's a lot better than the latest 1.3 beta. Though, that's just my opinion...

If it comes to MP stability Wildmana is rock solid. Master of Mana was also quite stable in our test games, but we didn't try the late game so not sure about that.

IMHO Wildmana 8 is the most fleshed out FFH2 mod. It's my personal favourite, I really like it and played it a lot in MP.

Master of Mana has some interesting new features but lacks a lot of fine tuning and balancing. If you try it, I'd advice the 1.2 version. It's a lot better than the latest 1.3 beta. Though, that's just my opinion...

how do you get wildmana 8 ? The download link is down. I wish it was up. Can you or anyone else give me a link to the download or send it? Thanks in advance

how do you get wildmana 8 ? The download link is down. I wish it was up. Can you or anyone else give me a link to the download or send it? Thanks in advance
Check out the "Request for Wildmana 8" thread in the Wildmana sub-forum.
It has a download link for the mod with the latest patch.

I can't get Wildmana 8 the download link no longer exists. Could you or anyone else provide me with a working link or send me the mod? I heard the more navel AI mod is very stabile online can anyone else confirm this?

So Playaveli ... you should join #erebus if you are looking for a game with either FFH2 or Tholal More Naval AI.

thanks, :D

(I guess Wildmana 8.34, or w/e, might work too ... as I think I still have that version)

So Playaveli ... you should join #erebus if you are looking for a game with either FFH2 or Tholal More Naval AI.

thanks, :D

(I guess Wildmana 8.34, or w/e, might work too ... as I think I still have that version)

wildmana is the !

yeah im in there, hit me up anytime ive got more navel and wildmana

cool, I went to bed about 2 hours posting that last sentiment ... but I'm awake for the day now, its only 8 AM my time.

Hope to cya on the field ;)

WOW thanks i heard everywhere this was the most solid mod for online play. TY. It's got all the good features of masterofmana without the ruined promotion system. The way master of mana setup there promotion system and civics really really turned me off the game.

come on, it is still in plain beta phase, and things have to be worked and probed out, no. To call this "ruined" is not very respectful. I ow you a fish for this to make you sleep better, ok.

Tschuggi

Top Bottom