best game i had in a while

artyom

Warlord
monarch/lithuania

this is the best game I had since I played the ++ version where I had one very good game with prussia where it was actually very hard and enemy civs managed to have great armies (both austria and spain were very powerful)

anyways, this game with lithuania I had was very fun. Needless to say, I think most games with lithuania can prove to be fun because theyre challenging both bcuz its hard to achieve the HUV's and your neighbours can be powerful.

things about this game:
-danzig was razed by barbarians before I started so I put an extra settler there when I started (didnt want to reload)
-starting few cities popped a worker first, then pagan temple then settler, then either a bajora or right to building culture
-capital city made bajoras majority of the time
-I ended up having like 10-12 cities by 1310, most of them building culture
-I settled as many cities as I could early
-conquered kievan barb cities at around 1350-1390 and kept expanding there
-most of the cities made bajoras and very few buildings the entire game
-I managed to found protenstantism at like 1530 (didnt really need it as I realized because its not like I had the production capacity to build any of its awesome buildings because I constnatly needed an army)

Now, what made this game great, is that one AI country actually was a threat. German y vassalized 3-4 countries (austria,poland, spain, and someone else) and declared war on me at around 1500, a litttle after Russia declared war on me.
Russia was a little threat since I prepared for them by making tons of bajoras, but I wasnt prepared for germany.
10 turns into the war, germany sent stacks of 40 knighs, to my prussian city. I retreated, having only about 15 or so bajoras and 7 or so knights. Having captured the city, Germany waited 5 or so turns and sent another 30+30 stacks of knights to my next city, I had to retreat from it as well. My army was growing fast, but so was theirs. I finally got them to sign a peace treaty and this is where Iam at right now, the year of the peace treaty.

Prior signing the treaty, I managed to steal 2 polish cities, so I didnt do too bad. My army is fast growing, and I plan to try to take revenge sometime in the future. Germany is big and powerful, but so am I. Iam just more of a developing nation, while theyre already developed.
The UHV are almost completed(just gotta keep kicking moscow's butt into capitulation), but I dont know, i think i might keep on playing to try and settle my querrels with that german agression.

I had alot of fun, because finally, a CIV gave me a challenge. Which like never happens in this mod

also my storytelling sucks

Attachments

• Harald Hardrada AD-0784 Turn 71.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
I agree Lithuania can be fun. On Emperor I found that in order to win you will have to befriend your western neighbor ( in my game it was a strong Poland). If I had kept Danzig, they would have declared war on me all the time (I guess the AI values it highly for both Germany and Poland) when I crucially needed my units in the east. I realised that I don't actually need Danzig and hence gifted it away to them! This ensured peace after and I could focus on my eastern expansion.

Another thing I find useful is to capture the city in the Moscow province just after they spawn, hence completing UHV#3 by in somewhere around 1400-1420.

isnt emperor difficulty completely imbalanced due to too many barbarians spawning which destroy all eastern civs?
also, interesting take on that prussian city... I guess it would have been better if I did the same on monarch difficulty as well. Besides, it takes 1-2 bajoras to capture it, whose use could be put elsewhere

Top Bottom