1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Best GOP Candidate

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by orrery, May 7, 2011.

?

Which candidate would you support most over Obama?

1. Ron Paul

27 vote(s)
    20.3%
  2. Gary Johnson

10 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. Tom Miller

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Donald Trump

22 vote(s)
    16.5%
  5. Sarah Palin

13 vote(s)
    9.8%
  6. Rand Paul

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  7. Newt Gingrich

5 vote(s)
    3.8%
  8. Herman Cain

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
  9. General Petraeus

19 vote(s)
    14.3%
  10. Mitt Romney

32 vote(s)
    24.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orrery

orrery Ad Astra Per Aspera

The reason I put in Petraeus is because every time I go to a google site, facebook site, or even this site the Ads by Google is constantly showing a "draft Petraeus" ad.

2. KMRblue1027

KMRblue1027 The Crown!

I'll be able to come october ;)

Pesonally I don't see why people are so uptight about the GOP primary right now. First off isn't it next year not this year? And if your an Obama supporter I don't see why you need to worry the GOP currently is not showing any signs of a tough compeditor right now.

3. Miles Teg

Miles Teg Nuclear Powered Mentat

Orrery, there's the internet and then there's the internet.

One internet is clogged full of people sending emails, using facebook, checking the weather, buying crap on eBay, and looking up basic information. This kind of people who use this internet are demographically and ideologically similar to the general population, although they skew a little young/rich.

The other internet has blogs, geeky video game forums like this one, and Ron Paul fans. It is much smaller than the other internet, and is overwhelming white, male, nerdy, and middle class.

4. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

Statistics. You're bad at them.

5. downtown

downtown Crafternoon Delight

No, but "the internet", or rather "highly political conservatives who use the internet as their primary news source" is a specific demographic...one that has shown a nice ability to get lots of crowds to show up, and raise money from individual donors, but to win votes or elections.

I've worked several campaigns. For every RON PAUL REVOLUTION 25 year old kid, Huckabee is bringing 8 geezers.

6. orrery

Tell that to the millions of people out of work or unable to find anything except McDonald's jobs.

I don't see the GOP winning any global popularity contests any time soon.

buying bonds won't help if the price of oil continues to go up without an increase in wages. i haven't seen a decrease in the price of goods either. everything is getting more expensive not less.

Only for those that try to hold on to their Federal Reserve notes instead of investing in US Treasury dollars.

7. The_Tyrant

The_Tyrant Values Guardian

You're missing the point. You solely focused on the candidates who have a slight chance of running, and completely ignored major candidates who have already formed exploratory committees and participated in the first debate.

This is one of the worst polls I have seen in CFC OT.

8. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Okay. However, when looking at real unemployment numbers you have to look at why people have dropped out of the workforce. During times of economic prosperity the real unemployment number may be signifigantly higher then normal unemployment because people feel less of a need to have a spouse work an additional job.

It is hardly the world's fault if the GOP has demonstrated the political acumen of a spoiled toddler with an attitude problem.
    Okay, and how does this relate to the wonderous revolution that Ron Paul would bring?
    Capitalism, fun eh?

9. Bill3000

Bill3000 OOOH NOOOOOOO! Supporter

Considering that the libertarian response is to not help them at all as it is not the government's job to intervene in the economy to improve individual welfare, why bring this up in the first place? :confused: The clear response is for those people to become smarter, get a non-useless education and take an in-demand job. If they are unable to do so, then they deserve flipping burgers at McDonalds.

10. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Holy crap, when did we grow to 344 million?

11. Joecoolyo

Joecoolyo 99% Lightspeed

Ah, dammit. Miles beat me to it.

12. NickyJ

NickyJ Retired Narrator

Anti-Israel sentiment only runs skin deep (Also known as: media deep). There are still many pro-Israelis out there. Pawlenty? I've heard little to nothing about him. As downtown said, pro-Israel, Christian value conservatives are alive and well.

I don't think Huckabee was hurt by his show all that much. Sarah Palin, on the other hand.... Also, can you provide proof of him currently supporting abortion? Reputable, recognizable site please.

That hardly makes him a strong or good candidate. It means that there are a handful of people who put up Petraeus ads, and nothing more.

Oh, and I forgot: What the heck is the CEO of Godfather's Pizza doing on the list?

13. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

There are pawlenty of pro-Israel, conservative, Christian Americans.

Sorry, I had to.

14. illram

illram Deity

Bob Dole and the lineup of other assorted Republican losers that went up against Clinton.

15. orrery

Not enough to make a difference now that they've all been added up into their nerdy facebooks.

Besides, everyone has already admitted that all the "nerds" like Ron Paul. So now, everyone else will like Ron Paul in order to avoid being called idiots by their facebook friends.

Personally, I could care less. I just find the CFC demographic humorous.

Romney, Huckabee, Pawlenty.... these are death kneel candidates for old geezers who have assumed the dying prayer position. They haven't a chance in hell and God help us if they do win because it'll be WW3 with some Islamic Iranian styled Caliphate if it ever happens.

16. Earthling

Earthling Deity

Please don't try to mislead people, these numbers are entirely false.

17. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

You have an odd idea of how human behavior works. People don't vote for candidates because they want their friends to like them.

And you're being a bit hysterical about the future if R, H, or P win.

EDIT: And this as well:

18. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

Dude, I was just making a dumb pun.

19. Bill3000

Bill3000 OOOH NOOOOOOO! Supporter

Old geezers are the most active and largest part of the voting population, dude.

20. Mercenary82

Mercenary82 King

I don't agree with Ron Paul on economic issues and stuff he would cut, but I will vote for him in the Republican primary and general election if Obama does not have us completley out of Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya by the time the primary starts. If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination I will just vote third party or independent as a protest vote. I think the country is going to experience total economic collapse worse then the great depression if we don't withdraw soon so I will hold my nose and vote for Ron Paul even though he is against things like social security.

As for other candidates:

Gary Johnson- Ron Paul wannabe

Tom Miller- Who?

Donald Trump- not serious, just a publicity stunt and he is corrupt, he uses immenent domain by bribing politicians.

Palin- Not smart enough or qualified, and is completley controlled by McCain's neocon staff

Rand Paul-not going to run against his dad

Newt Gingrich- like Bush and Cheney combined but worse

Herman Cain- Former Federal Reserve board member and President of Kansas City FED, he is part of the problem

General Petraeus- Corrupt Bilderberger scum

Romney- Bought and paid for by the Koch brothers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.