Best GOP Candidate

Which candidate would you support most over Obama?

• Ron Paul

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Tom Miller

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Sarah Palin

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Rand Paul

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Herman Cain

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • General Petraeus

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 32 24.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But surely Pawlenty and Huckabee are more viable candidates than Petraeus (who has not even stated any intention of running)

You omitted the two strongest candidates to make the Republican field appear less strong, and replaced them with a military general and this Miller guy no one has heard of.

The reason I put in Petraeus is because every time I go to a google site, facebook site, or even this site the Ads by Google is constantly showing a "draft Petraeus" ad.

Most of us at CFC can't vote. Either foreigners or under 18.

I'll be able to come october ;)

Pesonally I don't see why people are so uptight about the GOP primary right now. First off isn't it next year not this year? And if your an Obama supporter I don't see why you need to worry the GOP currently is not showing any signs of a tough compeditor right now.

2010 US Population

Daily US Internet Users

http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm

This data plus your comment indicates the majority of Americans are libertarian and are being misrepresented by "the tv"

Orrery, there's the internet and then there's the internet.

One internet is clogged full of people sending emails, using facebook, checking the weather, buying crap on eBay, and looking up basic information. This kind of people who use this internet are demographically and ideologically similar to the general population, although they skew a little young/rich.

The other internet has blogs, geeky video game forums like this one, and Ron Paul fans. It is much smaller than the other internet, and is overwhelming white, male, nerdy, and middle class.

This is where I fail to understand you people.

"the internet" is the country.
"the tv" is not the country.

"the internet" is a much better barometer of public sentiment than "the tv" is now.

No, but "the internet", or rather "highly political conservatives who use the internet as their primary news source" is a specific demographic...one that has shown a nice ability to get lots of crowds to show up, and raise money from individual donors, but to win votes or elections.

I've worked several campaigns. For every RON PAUL REVOLUTION 25 year old kid, Huckabee is bringing 8 geezers.

Having a large-ish real unemployment number isn't necesarily bad. If my memory serves from Econ class, real unemployment is people who lack a job and aren't actively seeking work. Stay-at-home parents would add to the 'real unemployment' number even though the number of stay-at-home parents isn't indicative of economic conditions.
Tell that to the millions of people out of work or unable to find anything except McDonald's jobs.

:confused: If anything our popularity has been going up.
I don't see the GOP winning any global popularity contests any time soon.

We have had inflation for quite some time and the fed is taking steps to curtail inflation. They are taking money out of the system by buying up bonds at the same time producers are cutting prices in an attempt to get people to buy there products. We don't have a situation of too much money chasing too few goods.
buying bonds won't help if the price of oil continues to go up without an increase in wages. i haven't seen a decrease in the price of goods either. everything is getting more expensive not less.

Why is the internet fascinated with Ron Paul? Pauls policies, specificaly ditching the Federal Reserve would cause inflation to take of like an Apollo rocket.
Only for those that try to hold on to their Federal Reserve notes instead of investing in US Treasury dollars.

The reason I put in Petraeus is because every time I go to a google site, facebook site, or even this site the Ads by Google is constantly showing a "draft Petraeus" ad.

You're missing the point. You solely focused on the candidates who have a slight chance of running, and completely ignored major candidates who have already formed exploratory committees and participated in the first debate.

This is one of the worst polls I have seen in CFC OT.

Tell that to the millions of people out of work or unable to find anything except McDonald's jobs.
Okay. However, when looking at real unemployment numbers you have to look at why people have dropped out of the workforce. During times of economic prosperity the real unemployment number may be signifigantly higher then normal unemployment because people feel less of a need to have a spouse work an additional job.

I don't see the GOP winning any global popularity contests any time soon.
It is hardly the world's fault if the GOP has demonstrated the political acumen of a spoiled toddler with an attitude problem.
buying bonds won't help if the price of oil continues to go up without an increase in wages.
Okay, and how does this relate to the wonderous revolution that Ron Paul would bring?
i haven't seen a decrease in the price of goods either. everything is getting more expensive not less.
Capitalism, fun eh?

Considering that the libertarian response is to not help them at all as it is not the government's job to intervene in the economy to improve individual welfare, why bring this up in the first place? :confused: The clear response is for those people to become smarter, get a non-useless education and take an in-demand job. If they are unable to do so, then they deserve flipping burgers at McDonalds.

Orrery, there's the internet and then there's the internet.

One internet is clogged full of people sending emails, using facebook, checking the weather, buying crap on eBay, and looking up basic information. This kind of people who use this internet are demographically and ideologically similar to the general population, although they skew a little young/rich.

The other internet has blogs, geeky video game forums like this one, and Ron Paul fans. It is much smaller than the other internet, and is overwhelming white, male, nerdy, and middle class.

Ah, dammit. Miles beat me to it.

The problem with candidates like Pawlenty that I can see is that they have made themselves to rely too heavily on the Christian support which has diminished in strength. If they're seen as being too pro-Israel it will hurt their chances to build any grassroots support. Pawlenty is being made out as being too pro-Israel and that from the get go dooms his chances of winning a general election with the current anti-Israeli sentiment in the population and the mass rejection of Christian values going on.
Anti-Israel sentiment only runs skin deep (Also known as: media deep). There are still many pro-Israelis out there. Pawlenty? I've heard little to nothing about him. As downtown said, pro-Israel, Christian value conservatives are alive and well.

Huckabee hurt his chances because he decided to have his own TV show and most people in the general public see Huckabee as too much of a holy roller and the Democrats defense against him will simply be preaching out against the GOP trying to install a theocracy.

Mitt Romney is a business class mormon who support abortion so that immediately causes him to lose half of the Christian support even if it did exist and people would see no difference between him and the status-quo.
I don't think Huckabee was hurt by his show all that much. Sarah Palin, on the other hand.... Also, can you provide proof of him currently supporting abortion? Reputable, recognizable site please.

That hardly makes him a strong or good candidate. It means that there are a handful of people who put up Petraeus ads, and nothing more.

Oh, and I forgot: What the heck is the CEO of Godfather's Pizza doing on the list?

There are pawlenty of pro-Israel, conservative, Christian Americans.

Sorry, I had to.

There are pawlenty of pro-Israel, conservative, Christian Americans.

Sorry, I had to.

Not enough to make a difference now that they've all been added up into their nerdy facebooks.

Besides, everyone has already admitted that all the "nerds" like Ron Paul. So now, everyone else will like Ron Paul in order to avoid being called idiots by their facebook friends.

Personally, I could care less. I just find the CFC demographic humorous.

Romney, Huckabee, Pawlenty.... these are death kneel candidates for old geezers who have assumed the dying prayer position. They haven't a chance in hell and God help us if they do win because it'll be WW3 with some Islamic Iranian styled Caliphate if it ever happens.

2010 US Population

Daily US Internet Users

Please don't try to mislead people, these numbers are entirely false.

Not enough to make a difference now that they've all been added up into their nerdy facebooks.

Besides, everyone has already admitted that all the "nerds" like Ron Paul. So now, everyone else will like Ron Paul in order to avoid being called idiots by their facebook friends.

Romney, Huckabee, Pawlenty.... these are death kneel candidates for old geezers who have assumed the dying prayer position. They haven't a chance in hell and God help us if they do win because it'll be WW3 with some Islamic Iranian styled Caliphate if it ever happens.

You have an odd idea of how human behavior works. People don't vote for candidates because they want their friends to like them.

And you're being a bit hysterical about the future if R, H, or P win.

EDIT: And this as well:
Old geezers are the most active and largest part of the voting population, dude.

Dude, I was just making a dumb pun.

Romney, Huckabee, Pawlenty.... these are death kneel candidates for old geezers who have assumed the dying prayer position.

Old geezers are the most active and largest part of the voting population, dude.

I don't agree with Ron Paul on economic issues and stuff he would cut, but I will vote for him in the Republican primary and general election if Obama does not have us completley out of Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya by the time the primary starts. If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination I will just vote third party or independent as a protest vote. I think the country is going to experience total economic collapse worse then the great depression if we don't withdraw soon so I will hold my nose and vote for Ron Paul even though he is against things like social security.

As for other candidates:

Gary Johnson- Ron Paul wannabe

Tom Miller- Who?

Donald Trump- not serious, just a publicity stunt and he is corrupt, he uses immenent domain by bribing politicians.

Palin- Not smart enough or qualified, and is completley controlled by McCain's neocon staff

Rand Paul-not going to run against his dad

Newt Gingrich- like Bush and Cheney combined but worse

Herman Cain- Former Federal Reserve board member and President of Kansas City FED, he is part of the problem

General Petraeus- Corrupt Bilderberger scum

Romney- Bought and paid for by the Koch brothers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom