Best Government

What is the best government in Conquests?

• Despotism

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Monarchy

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Feudalism

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Republic

Votes: 23 19.3%
  • Democracy

Votes: 55 46.2%
  • Fascism

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • Communism

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters

panzer_kevlar

Airborne!
I just got conquests today, so I haven't gotten to try feudalism or fascism yet. Just curious, is democracy still the best, or have the changes/additions of other governments left democracy in the dust?

i still think democracy is the best, but the changes have made the others much better when you use them in the proper situations

*communism is worse now with the FP and SPHQ corruption bug

supposing they fix the bug, communism might be feasible.

Feudalism _can_ be better than monarchy for war-mongering. Just have to keep in mind that towns give you more support than city or metros.

I later switch to Fascism its swell for war monger. If you're peaceful I'd say stay on republic / democracy.

thats my 2 gp. :king:

Originally posted by panzer_kevlar

What is the FP and SPHQ corruption bug?
they actually increase corruption

No longer Republic with new unit costs so I will say Democracy.

I think Republic is better now with the free unit support. Even less reason to switch to Democracy.
And Feudalism was nerfed badly by removal of its major strength without rebalancing it. Its only strength now is that its a non-optional tech, but non-religous tribes would probably suffer from switching to it then Demo, and diverting to research Republic will scream you up to Demo in half the time anyway.
At least Fascism seems like a valid option for a late game warmonger (and Communism might be after the patch).

Republic is best now.

Although not early, just a little bit later when you get cities (7+ pop).

In most cases it would generate more income then Democracy (due to unit support).

Republic is better if having less then 6 units per cities.
Republic is also better if having less then 8 units per metoplois.

Whoa never thought of it that way. Democracy sucks!

edit: but what about the fact that republic has .7 corruption and democracy has .4?

Well, in most cases you don't have 6 units per city, nor 8 units per metro so you catch up for that extra corruption (and Demo corruption is not really much better anyway).

what did they change about rebuplic?

They have added some unit support but increased the cost per unit (from 1gpt to 2gpt) for any additional units not supported by your towns.

Monarchy.
You can be at war constantly without war weariness, and it's the only authoritarian government allowing paid-rushing.

When you don't have a religious civ, it's just too painful to switch governments to alternate between democracy for peace and monarchy for war. So stay in monarchy and wage war.

Bearing in mind that a lot of this jargon is going over my head -- I just play what 'feels' good...

I now find that war weariness in Democracy is greater than what it was in PTW. I use to be able to conduct a multi-turn war in Democracy but now it seems it doesn't take too long for people to start going ape and protesting.

Faciscm is death for tech research.

Problem is by the time I go to war against someone, I'm usually at a hair greater or equal in the tech-raise. Thus, after I take a few or more of their cities, they aren't capable of researching, either.

For me it's a force of habit to never abandon researching the traditional way which leads me into quick-strike wars under Democracy... gotta try something different.

How can the Republic be fixed to not outdo democracy?

But at the same time not end up completely sucking

what i just noticed is communsim now was 6/6/6/ for t/c/m/ saport, i gess this chold be good, what do yall say?

Top Bottom