1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Laptop for Civ4

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by romeriolopez, Oct 27, 2005.

1. romeriolopez

romeriolopez Chieftain

Hi,

I'm travelling around Europe at the moment and don't have access to my normal computer. I therefore need to buy a laptop for the sole purpose of playing civ4 :-D

I want to find the smallest form laptop (smallest screen, lightest, etc) that I can get that will still play Civ4.

So far i'm looking at a Sony Vaio S3 HP. Its a 13.3" screen, and is running a 128mb Geforce Go 6200.

I am prepared to look at larger ones if they will make the gameplay better :).

Any suggestions on what model to get, or what laptop video card would be best suited the the task would be greatly appreciated. I'm missing valuable Civ4 time!!!

Cheers,

Romerio

2. bugmenot17

bugmenot17 Chieftain

Hey, buddy. Could you throw some money my way, so I could upgrade my home PC and play Civ4? Thanks.

3. romeriolopez

romeriolopez Chieftain

4. bugmenot17

bugmenot17 Chieftain

You seem to be doing pretty well on your own.