Best leaderscreen

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by EricTheGreat12, Jun 28, 2013.

?

Which civ has the best leaderscreen ?

1. Poland

22 vote(s)
    7.2%
  2. Assyria

55 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. Brazil

62 vote(s)
    20.2%
  4. Portugal

26 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. Zulu

35 vote(s)
    11.4%
  6. Morroco

70 vote(s)
    22.8%
  7. Indonesia

71 vote(s)
    23.1%
  8. Venice

124 vote(s)
    40.4%
  9. Shoshone

67 vote(s)
    21.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Byzantine Bomb

Byzantine Bomb Warlord

Morocco for me. The silent desert night is calming but yet brings a sense of anxiousness, exacerbated by the single campfire.

2. Loaf Warden

Loaf Warden (no party affiliation)

I'm torn. I love the way they've brought Ashurbanipal to life, and the room he's standing in, with the shelves full of scrolls, is so cool. On the other hand, Gajah Mada's misty rice paddy has so much atmosphere you can feel it. I can't decide.

3. FeiLing

FeiLing Deity

4. kajillion

kajillion Chieftain

I voted for all of them save Brazil because unless he has spectacularly entertaining mannerisms that will be the most leaderhead in the game.

5. Merciorum

Merciorum Prince

1) Assyria (which are my least favourite gameplay-wise, paradoxically).
    2) Morocco
    3) Venice
    4) Brazil
    5) Portugal
    6) Shoshone
    7) Indonesia
    8) Poland
    9) Zulu

6. ImperialChaos

ImperialChaos President

I hate polls after new announcements. The new ones ALWAYS lead. That said Venice's is dope. Scary old grandpa DanYOLO will throw you into the water if you behave badly on his bridge.

My favorite is still Brazil, however.

Reminds me of:

Also, this poll should have waited until we see the movements and speeches of the new two. That can go along way; it certainly helped Assyria for me.

1. Don Pedro
    2. Grandpa YOLO
    3. Indonesia
    4. Morocco
    5. Assyria
    6. Shoshone (dat Canyon)
    7. Poland
    8. Zulu
    9. Portugal

7. Rajjah

Rajjah PUG

Poor Poland.... At least with the others it either looks cool or makes sense why they are there. For his it just looks like he lost his keys and can't get back into his castle. :p

8. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Voted Venice. Looks fabulous with the night in the city, and Dandy looks great too. Well done, Firaxis.

9. SYKOJAK

SYKOJAK Warlord

I reserve opinion until I see them all in game on my machine.

10. Bfoxius

Bfoxius Chieftain

I really like the Shoshone. The only thing that could make it better is possibly an elk or buffalo herd in the background!

11. Monado

Monado King

Voted for Morocco. The colors and scenery are just stunning.

The more I look at the Shoshone screen, the more I am bugged about the spear. What is holding it up? Maybe it is jammed into the ground, or propped up against a few smaller rocks. Kind of odd yeah, but it grabs my attention and detracts from the scene.

12. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

Previously I'd have said Morocco, as it's the most evocative of the culture it represents (rather than just the leader) of all the Civ V leader screens, but Venice takes a lot of beating.

I'm not as much of a fan of Indonesia as many seem to be - Gajah's very well-done, but that background. It's recognisably SE Asian, which from my perspective is a definite plus, but quite aside from the aesthetic mistake of using such a featureless, well, feature as a rice paddy as the main part of the screen, which makes Gajah's leaderscreen feel empty compared with the others ... a rice paddy???

Granted it's a stretch at the best of times to imagine that all meetings with the other civs' leaders take place face-to-face in their main residence. But really, Indonesia's leader just tramps out into some poor farmer's field on the outskirts of Trowulan to greet foreign delegates?

Overall, though, I think most are good. Casimir and Pedro are particularly dull and uninspired, but those are the exceptions. Shaka's camp looks a little too over the top, but it's grown on me.

13. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Dandolo. Seriously, no contest. He looks so evil, he makes Askia Mohammed look like some innocent kindergartener kid who accidentally lit some matches. Now I really want to see him when he's bloind, that'd just explode the evilness over 9000 or something.

I think Pedro's also looks pretty good - it has a very distinct feel to it, and really gives off a unique atmosphere.

Best part is he'll do that while blind. And 13850138501385 years old.

14. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

Agreed. Al-Mansur's leader screen seems both serene yet ominous. I can't wait to see it live.

15. Jdub97

Jdub97 Chieftain

I don't see what's so special about Venice's. It's just a city at night. I voted Pocatello because it looks peaceful and I live in Colorado so you see plenty of unique landscapes. Voted Brazil second.

16. seancolorado

seancolorado Deity

Colorado! :)

17. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

It's not so much Venice, it's Dandolo!

18. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

I love the Venetian and Moroccan leaderscreens - they seem to have gone with night ones now, and it's a good move. Indonesia and Shoshone are pretty cool too

19. m15a

m15a Emperor

Venice's isn't just a city at night. it's Venice! i've been there, so that's why i like it the best. and Dandolo.

20. Talcove

Talcove Slayer of Spies

I must admit, I'm a sucker for the night, star-lit, sky. Carthage, Morocco, and Venice have my favourite leader-screens.