• Sejong of Korea - Shirokobbure

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Qin Shi Huang of the Qin - Shirokobbure

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Amalasuntha, Queen of the Ostrogoths - R8XFT

Votes: 26 47.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd love to vote for Qin Shi Huang, but I just can't seeing as how the PCX files for it were never made.

I'm not even sure if it should be in this competition due to that - how do you rate a half-finished product? :undecide:

I'm currently torn between Rob's Amalasuntha and Varlin's Tristius. I'm quite taken with Tristius' expressions, they're as realistic as I've ever seen. Rob's Queen, on the other hand, is beautiful and universal, and the Industrial Age is so striking that Rob made an extra set of PCX's for it by popular demand.

Shirokobbure's leaderheads are rich with detail, but a little static compared to the other two, in my humble (please take no offense as it is marvelous work nevertheless).

I hope we see more leaderheads made in the New Year - I mean, really, nobody has the cajones to tackle Barack Obama, Osama Bin Laden, Netanyahu or Bono? Are you bored with it, guys? I've got a challenge, then: how about putting dynamic backgrounds into your leaderheads? I'd love to have a Victorian Villain with a zeppelin hovering just outside the window.....

Something as simple as a blinking light, a fluttering candle, a moving cloud could add a three dimensional effect we haven't seen yet.....

I know I have no place to talk, as I don't do it myself. My remarks, then, are motivated by admiration for all your work, and desire to see more and better....

Shirokobbure's leaderheads are rich with detail, but a little static compared to the other two, in my humble (please take no offense as it is marvelous work nevertheless).

I hope we see more leaderheads made in the New Year - I mean, really, nobody has the cajones to tackle Barack Obama, Osama Bin Laden, Netanyahu or Bono? Are you bored with it, guys? I've got a challenge, then: how about putting dynamic backgrounds into your leaderheads? I'd love to have a Victorian Villain with a zeppelin hovering just outside the window.....
Well, I for one do not want to make a president who has just been in office a year. I know many people went crazy about Obama, but I usually like making people who were very important to their countries history.
Also, it takes a long time to make heads, not to mention PCXs, making heads like Obama, Osama, can usually just be used for a limited number of scenarios. I don't think it is about "cajones"

As for putting moving objects in leaderheads, a blimp would be seen moving back and forth, it would look really natural. Rita Poon, made a Khmer head with a snake...

and a candle would need special lighting, although the problem of moving back and forth wouldn't be an issue.

But, if you want to see thing made, my advice is to get the program and start making. I got into leaderhead, and later unit making because I kept asking for a Meiji head, and was always turned down, until eventually I got the program and made it myself.

They're all so awesome, but I chose Sejong.

Shiro, I've missed your LH making. You're quite talented. And I've missed Rob's and all the rest of you guys.

They're all so awesome, but I chose Sejong.

Shiro, I've missed your LH making. You're quite talented. And I've missed Rob's and all the rest of you guys.
Thank you, but I'm still here, I have quite a few leaderheads unreleased. Its just right now I want to make units.

Wow, this thread took me by surprise - thanks to all who have voted thus far. I've been rather quiet due to RL issues, but aim to make an impact with something new in 2010....(sorry, no clues yet!!)

I'm sure it will be something to look foreword to :D

Wow, this thread took me by surprise - thanks to all who have voted thus far. I've been rather quiet due to RL issues, but aim to make an impact with something new in 2010....(sorry, no clues yet!!)

I was also quite surprised, although my number of votes isn't near as large as yours haha. Your Amalasuntha is one of my favorites.

Thanks to all those that have supported me. :)

Congratulations, Rob!

All four entries were excellent. We didn't see many new leaderheads last year but quality has more than made up for quantity.

Top Bottom