1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Best London Ever?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Electric Ferret, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Electric Ferret

Electric Ferret Chieftain

Just wanted to share what I thought was a pretty OP start location.

Turn 1: My settler peers thru the fog on turn 1. Oh yeah, that's looking pretty sweet, he's thinking. Got a couple sea resources there to work with. Nifty.

Spoiler :

Turns go by, exploration ensues and... holy, what the what? Seriously?

Spoiler :

Granted the start option is selected that gives all players a "Legendary Start" (which I always use) but this is a cut above. I have never had that many workable sea resources available to one city in any game.

Love the little strip of workable land there in front too. That's just bonus.

Attached Files:

2. Game_Guy567

Game_Guy567 Chieftain

Nice! What map type is that?

3. Electric Ferret

Electric Ferret Chieftain

It's a Ring type. It puts all the player in a spot around a ring with an ocean and central islands in the middle. I downloaded the map lua from steam a couple months ago and modified the terrain generation a bit. Not the lux generation tho.

4. MerchantCo

MerchantCo Merchant

Ring is fun to play, once in a while.

5. Werty1066

Werty1066 Chieftain

Playing as Indonesia the other day I started off with all reachable coast tiles containing resources, Four pearls and three fish. Sadly I forgot to take a screenshot.

6. arand86

arand86 Warlord

My personal best start was probably just as good; was playing inca with cusco on a hill, next to a mountain, 3 gems within 2 tiles, 1 stone within 2 tiles, 3 mountains within 2 tiles (terrace farms) and a marble+another stone within 3 tiles.

I wasn't using legendary start either, which is pretty crazy

7. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

And you'll have a great hydro plant, if your SoL's haven't conquered the whole world by then.

8. Tachii

Tachii Procrastinator

Pretty sure he's beside a lake though, not a river, so no hydro plant.

Looks like it might've been better to started at starting location and build a second city around this same area though.

9. Catan_Settler

Catan_Settler Prince

Bragging about a Legendary Start eh? Ok..then.... Nice camel archers BTW. :goodjob:

10. liltrogdor

liltrogdor Chieftain

Those aren't camel archers, there caravans.