Best Map Type / Number of AI

I personally enjoy Terra. It's got all the close-quartered goodness of Pangaea, but it's got an option to explore and expand if you want, which is a nice way for Civs who got screwed over to take some territory peacefully and get back in the game, as well as for nabbing a couple resources you may not have had access to.

Use some map script I downloaded from here a good while ago, Perfect Mongoose 310 or something. I just about always use that for my maps. As for size, it goes back and forth. I think I might start using 18civs on huge Perfect Mongoose 310 or whatever though. I do enjoy have many civs.

I love the two-phased nature of continents.
It does have the shortcommings you mention however...

I have difficulties feeling content with a map choice, when I play pangea I wish I had selected continents, and vice versa... :(

As for number of civs, I find 7 to be pretty good.

I don't understand how anyone can play with 18 civs really, are you neglecting diplomacy alltogether?

As for number of civs, I find 7 to be pretty good.

I don't understand how anyone can play with 18 civs really, are you neglecting diplomacy alltogether?
Far from it, it makes for an even busier diplomatic game (especially in multiplayer). But - to me at least - that's part of the fun of it. :)

Top Bottom