1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Map Type / Number of AI

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by DAC, Nov 19, 2011.

1. MilesBeyond

MilesBeyond Prince

I personally enjoy Terra. It's got all the close-quartered goodness of Pangaea, but it's got an option to explore and expand if you want, which is a nice way for Civs who got screwed over to take some territory peacefully and get back in the game, as well as for nabbing a couple resources you may not have had access to.

2. Ice_Tyrant

Ice_Tyrant Prince

Use some map script I downloaded from here a good while ago, Perfect Mongoose 310 or something. I just about always use that for my maps. As for size, it goes back and forth. I think I might start using 18civs on huge Perfect Mongoose 310 or whatever though. I do enjoy have many civs.

3. HorribleHarald

HorribleHarald Warlord

huge map and usually Big and Small or Hemispheres, sometimes Terra. Normal sea level.

4. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

I love the two-phased nature of continents.
    It does have the shortcommings you mention however...

I have difficulties feeling content with a map choice, when I play pangea I wish I had selected continents, and vice versa... :(

5. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

As for number of civs, I find 7 to be pretty good.

I don't understand how anyone can play with 18 civs really, are you neglecting diplomacy alltogether?

6. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Far from it, it makes for an even busier diplomatic game (especially in multiplayer). But - to me at least - that's part of the fun of it. :)