Best Mods For Different Gameplay

rover6695

Prince
Hey just wanted to check, for someone bored with Civ 5 and annoyed with the penalties for more than 4 cities, is Ackens mod the best to try out or is there another and how well does it work if you have a lot of extra Civs from the mods too?

Lol... Vox Populi isn't a single mod, and I can't really understand how something that basically changes everything in the game can be considered an expansion pack. But other people's opinions really aren't my business, so...

Anyway, if you're bored with the game, TC mods like Anno domini (and, as Enginseer mentioned, the CBO) would probably help you. I'd also suggest you use JFD's Cities in Development and Rise to Power, which add many new aspects to the game. Events and decisions would also make the game more interesting, I assure you.

Thanks...anybody have links to them on steamship for mac?
I only found a partial of vox populli.

You can't use vox populi on Mac because vox populi requires the CP-DLL mod, and DLL is a system specific to windows operating systems.

If you are running on a Mac you cannot use Acken's mod either becaue it is a DLL mod, nor can you use any of William Howard's mods that require his Various Mods Components DLL because the VMC mod is a DLL mod. Nor can you use Anno Domini's latest versions because these have the CP DLL mod rolled into Anno Domini as an inherent part of the mod. You cannot use JFD's gamplay mods such as Rise to Power or Cities in Development because these also require the CP DLL mod.

There are windows emulators but I'm not sure if they really work for the purposes of getting around the no-dll-mods limitation of Mac with anything Civ5 related.

The only thing that's probably close to a gameplay modification is my Leadership Reformation mod in my signature that enhances Great Generals and Great Admirals.

Top Bottom