Best mods for game speed (R&F)?

Atmaboy

Chieftain
I just tried the "historic speed" mod (which gives marathon trech/civic speed with standard production), but it feels too long. I'm aiming for about 1000 turn game with reaching atomic era by around 700. What would be a good speed to work with? 2x? What about the era gate mods?

I just tried the "historic speed" mod (which gives marathon trech/civic speed with standard production), but it feels too long. I'm aiming for about 1000 turn game with reaching atomic era by around 700. What would be a good speed to work with? 2x? What about the era gate mods?

@Olleus has produced a mod called 8 Ages of Pace that changes up the rate you progress through the game, though I don't know if it has been updated for R&F yet. I personally don't use it, but a lot of people around here speak quite highly of it so perhaps you should take a peek at it on the steam workshop and see if it's the kind of thing you are looking for. :)

8 ages of Pace was awesome...before R&F. I think it needs some tweaks now to be adapted.
Historic Speed is a nice concept (normal production speed and 3x techs and civics times) BUT it isn't well balanced yet.

I'm playing a Large Map with 13 civs and 17 CS with Historic Speed right now. I changed some values (techs and civs x2 instead of 3, eras x2, dark/gold treshold +20)
The map still gets realy crowded with units but it's already more playable. I've had my very first Dark Age ever. Huge wars abd battles like i've never had. Really challenging for the moment.
I'm playing it in "Demi-God" mode (Smoother Difficulty 1.4) and it looks like I'll never be able to win that game, but I'm having some fun
(almost all civs have 2500+ armies, Korea has 450+ beakers/t @turn 250, other civs between 270 and 120, I'm struggling with Mongolia, around 7 techs behind)

There are other simple mods called Erax2, erax3,... but I never tried those. I think they just change the era min and max turns.
"Take your Time x2,...." only change the civics OR the techs costs.
You might want to try all those 3 together.

none of the mods do the job in my experience.tweak speed for tech/civic the way u see fit manually.disable all eurekas and play on epic speed.

8 ages of Pace was awesome...before R&F. I think it needs some tweaks now to be adapted.
Historic Speed is a nice concept (normal production speed and 3x techs and civics times) BUT it isn't well balanced yet.

I'm playing a Large Map with 13 civs and 17 CS with Historic Speed right now. I changed some values (techs and civs x2 instead of 3, eras x2, dark/gold treshold +20)
The map still gets realy crowded with units but it's already more playable. I've had my very first Dark Age ever. Huge wars abd battles like i've never had. Really challenging for the moment.
I'm playing it in "Demi-God" mode (Smoother Difficulty 1.4) and it looks like I'll never be able to win that game, but I'm having some fun
(almost all civs have 2500+ armies, Korea has 450+ beakers/t @turn 250, other civs between 270 and 120, I'm struggling with Mongolia, around 7 techs behind)

There are other simple mods called Erax2, erax3,... but I never tried those. I think they just change the era min and max turns.
"Take your Time x2,...." only change the civics OR the techs costs.
You might want to try all those 3 together.

I make Historic Speed. I'm interested in what about it you think isn't well-balanced. I don't really get enough specific user feedback on that mod, so any specific stuff you can say is helpful!

I make Historic Speed. I'm interested in what about it you think isn't well-balanced. I don't really get enough specific user feedback on that mod, so any specific stuff you can say is helpful!

The main balance problem, IMHO, is that with production 3 times faster than techs and civics, the map gets really too crowded with units. That's why I change the multiplier from 3 to 2 and disabled the - 10% on districts and wonder, and I'm having a very nice experience that way.
I think I also changed the Eurekas to 25% but that's more related to the fact that I was playing with Real Eurekas from Infixo, with no indication about them.

The great Person part was more messy. I think they were too easy to get at the beginning and too hard from the industrial era. Does it also follow the era scaling board?, like the techs?

The experience levels should also have bigger thresholds imo. There is much much more combats and it gets too easy to level up your units. I the same optic, war weariness gets more of a concern . More Combats, less ways to have more amenities at the same time. I spent my whole game struggling with amenities (around - 40/-50 average). Does WW scale with game speed usually?

I can post you more accurate numbers in a few days if you'd like.

Top Bottom