Best Mods For Rise and Fall after current patch

brewgod

Prince
Hello Civ Fans

Since the most recent updates / patch for Rise and Fall which mods are most preferred that works and does not crash the system at loading. I am running R a F and just added the bundle package of DLC's from the Summer Steam sale couple of weeks a go.

Any input would be great.

Thanks

Brew God

What are you looking for? New civs? New natural wonders? Gameplay changes? UI overhauls? There's a lot of good stuff out there, but it'd be easier to point you in the right direction if we had an idea of what you want out of your game.

Last edited:
Steel and Thunder Unique Units and Unit Expansion are great. Unique units adds one unit for each Civ, including the new R&F Civs, and the designs are really good. Unit expansions brings additional units to the game like the long swordsman and galleass, each with their own ethnic design.

Historic Speed is also great as it slows down the Technology and Civics tree whilst keeping production the same. Under this mod the game lasts 750 turns which you won't mind if you want to enjoy each era.

Rule with Faith is a good mod as it includes additional policies, governments and great people. Improved Aqueduct and Better coastal cities are also good as harbours provide more food, gold and production and aqueducts provide more food and housing.

If your computer can run it Yet (not) Another Maps Pack is the best represention of the real world map with the capacity to include every civ in the game. I don't attempt this but its fun to play on the single Europe map with about 16 civs.

There are so many new Civ&Leader mods but if I had to single out one I would suggest the Songhai mod. They are a really well designed civ with a science/ river/ religion emphasis. They also have a really cool building the Karambungo that replaces Temple, and the Mandekalu which replaces knight.

Thats six mods I'd reccomend hope this helps!

There are so many new Civ&Leader mods but if I had to single out one I would suggest the Songhai mod. They are a really well designed civ with a science/ river/ religion emphasis. They also have a really cool building the Karambungo that replaces Temple, and the Mandekalu which replaces knight.

Yeah, there are a lot of cool civ mods out there. If you want a reliable list in general, JFD, Civitas, Merrick, Lime, Leugi, Enigma, and myself, all have some very well done civs and alternate leaders.

If you play with a lot of extra civ and alternate leaders, I also recommend my civ selection screen

Last edited:
Thanks and sorry sukritact I didn't know you had made so many mods. Your mod for Siam looks really cool I will try some out.

Which historic speed mod do you use?
Steel and Thunder Unique Units and Unit Expansion are great. Unique units adds one unit for each Civ, including the new R&F Civs, and the designs are really good. Unit expansions brings additional units to the game like the long swordsman and galleass, each with their own ethnic design.

Historic Speed is also great as it slows down the Technology and Civics tree whilst keeping production the same. Under this mod the game lasts 750 turns which you won't mind if you want to enjoy each era.

Rule with Faith is a good mod as it includes additional policies, governments and great people. Improved Aqueduct and Better coastal cities are also good as harbours provide more food, gold and production and aqueducts provide more food and housing.

If your computer can run it Yet (not) Another Maps Pack is the best represention of the real world map with the capacity to include every civ in the game. I don't attempt this but its fun to play on the single Europe map with about 16 civs.

Thats six mods I'd reccomend hope this helps!

Historic Speed by p0kiehl. (it has an ink an quill image) check it out it's awesome!

I want to try Pidis's Religious Border Control. I never play with the Religion Victory Condition and I hate dealing with the AI sending Missionaries my way. Anyone try that mod? Or is there a better mod?

And I see a bunch of mods in this thread I want to try!

Update : I tried a bunch suggested on this thread. Thanks for the tips. That was a fun game.

Last edited:
Just for those that are interested if you use the Yet (Not) Another Maps Pack you can play a regular map but you have the option for cultural start location. This makes it more likely for geographically close civs to share continents with each other eg France will have England, Germany, Spain and Holland as neighbours. China will have Japan and Korea. This is great if you want to play games that are similar to real world history and geography.

Top Bottom