best new unit in ptw

Korean UU, namely Hwacha is considered the worst in PTW because it can't start golden age. It's good battle support unit though (with 12 bombard strength), basically it's Artillery with lowered firepower and range, that's it.

I will agree with the masses and say Saphai. Playing the Ottomans is a blast, the Saphai is the best attack unit before the invention of mobile warfare, hands down.

After that I really like what they have done to the upgrade chain with Swordsman to Medieval Infantry to Guerilla and Longbowman to Guerilla. It makes archers and warriors good long term investments (if you change Guerilla to give it a movement of 2, a weak zone of control and a weak bombard [hit and run mortar attack]).

ya ur probly right but i rather have the conqustador(spelling?)
its prieat nice not haveing to woriy about ur exploers geting killed by a barbarian, and plus i whold use them to scout in an enamy nations land and i can defend its self aginst enamy atack, and take workers..

Berserkers, Sipahi, and Medival Infantry.

Originally posted by Vietcong
its prieat nice not haveing to woriy about ur exploers geting killed by a barbarian, ...i can defend its self aginst enamy atack.
I sure hope the barbarians are gone when these babys come onto the scene. Plus, it can defend itself, but with cavalry around the corner, they still do not need to be left in the open.

Top Bottom