1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

best new unit in ptw

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Vietcong, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Gen

Gen Prince

Korean UU, namely Hwacha is considered the worst in PTW because it can't start golden age. It's good battle support unit though (with 12 bombard strength), basically it's Artillery with lowered firepower and range, that's it.

2. Drewcifer

Drewcifer Agent of Karma

I will agree with the masses and say Saphai. Playing the Ottomans is a blast, the Saphai is the best attack unit before the invention of mobile warfare, hands down.

After that I really like what they have done to the upgrade chain with Swordsman to Medieval Infantry to Guerilla and Longbowman to Guerilla. It makes archers and warriors good long term investments (if you change Guerilla to give it a movement of 2, a weak zone of control and a weak bombard [hit and run mortar attack]).

3. The Last Conformist

The Last Conformist Irresistibly Attractive

I wouldn't diss the Hwach'a. You can get your GA from wonders, and its advantage over the regular Cannon is pretty hefty. I'd rate it above the Conquistador of the PTW units, and it definitely beats the F-15.

4. Vietcong

Vietcong Deity

ya ur probly right but i rather have the conqustador(spelling?)
    its prieat nice not haveing to woriy about ur exploers geting killed by a barbarian, and plus i whold use them to scout in an enamy nations land and i can defend its self aginst enamy atack, and take workers..

5. puglover

puglover Disturber of Worldviews

Berserkers, Sipahi, and Medival Infantry.

6. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

I sure hope the barbarians are gone when these babys come onto the scene. Plus, it can defend itself, but with cavalry around the corner, they still do not need to be left in the open.