1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Best non-computer childhood toys

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kyriakos, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

You can post any cool non-computer toys you had :) Including plastic or other material figurines/dolls/toysoldiers, and also tabletop games.

I had started this sort of the thread in the past too, cause i like those old toys. Computers are great too, but theirs should not be all the games a child surrounds itself with. ;)

So, to start the games...

I had this specific Lego castle (along with tons of other legos) :

2. Chukchi Husky

Chukchi Husky Lone Wolf

The largest Lego set I had was the Explorien Starship. It was a Christmas present that I got in 1996.

I had a lot of Lego, mostly small sets and generic bricks, and later some Technic sets. All of them had to be thrown out as the box I kept them in my younger brother decided to use as a toilet.

3. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

^That is sad to read :/

Most of my lego/playmobil were also thrown away, but because supposedly they were making the room untidy and such crap. It was one of the main reasons i decided to move to computer games, when i was 9 (no one would throw away the game discs).

4. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

I once had two kickass pirate islands huge - lots to build ... I kept real water in it .... it was awesome .... than I gave it all away for my daughter in law. She is enjoing it now and I bet that it still kicks ass ^^ Lego is probably the one thing You can't go wrong with - unless You eat it ... (can't say I blame them that much I was once chewing on the little guy's saber when building ....) some dumb children do ..... :D

Man lego was the best ....

5. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

Throwing away Lego is ridiculous, I sold my childhood collection on ebay for several hundred dollars.

6. IAM

IAM Emperor

When I was young I had sticks.

Then graduated to games like monopoly, go fish, war, checkers, risk.

Then received another field promotion to chess.

My first computer games were in an arcade.

First computer in 20's and computer games came several years later.

7. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

That was my first big lego set :love:

In addition to Lego, I was a huge Playmobil fan.

8. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

My cousin had it (this knights lego set)..... and I hated him because of that :lol:

9. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

Some woman working for my dad was over at the house and we threw a kickball at her because she was being annoying and she threw it back hella hard and it went *right* through that castle of mine. Left some gnarly ruins. I was too young to be able to just rebuild it without starting over with all the pieces laid out (I wasn't good at building when I was little) so I might have just cried instead.

10. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

That's horrible ! Those stupid women should have rebuild the castle after they decided to throw their dumb ball anyway !

11. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

I had these little toy spring-loaded siege cannons/mortars that shot plastic balls that I'd use to demolish my Lego castle so I got really good at rebuilding it.

12. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

wow that must have been cool ! ^^ the lego bricks however were resistant from a siege fire like that (I know from experience :lol: ) Well I admit I used to get pleasure from destroying of what I have built - I usually invented some sort of a tornado or volcano eruption or some suitably fitting cataclysm at the time ....

13. timtofly

timtofly One Day

This was my first LEGO set:

This was probably my favorite. It was the first one I bought after saving up the money.

I took it apart and put it together so many times in each of it's configurations that I could do it without the instructions, and the bricks lost their ability to fasten to each other.

I had the electric LEGO trains set up during the mid 90's and eventually mice worked their magic and the rails rusted.

Attached Files:

14. shadowplay

shadowplay your ad here

Transformers. Lots of them.

15. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

A game called Labyrinth. It was a small wooden case, maybe 14" by 14" by 4" tall. On two sides were knobs that could be used to tilt the top surface left-right and up-down. The top surface was studded with holes. Tilting the surface very carefully, you would guide a marble around a route printed on the surface, trying to insure that it didn't fall into any of the holes. If it did, it would issue at a little tray at the bottom and you would try again.

16. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

more than meets the eye .... Transformers ! hahahah ohhh the memories !!!!!

YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to video.

17. Goodfella

Goodfella Showing results for

Spoiler :

18. Tecknojock

Tecknojock Keeping the world running

I had a bunch of hotwheels tracks and toy cars as a kid. Used to love stringing the different sets together to make interesting tracks and send them along the way. Often times, these endeavors were unsuccessful though. :p

19. carmen510

carmen510 Deity

These two were my big Lego sets.

20. Narz

Narz keeping it real

My wooden blocks, little army men & cooler army men called Guts.

I would make castles & wage wars with friends, we also used various beasts, including those thundercat things that build together to create a super-monster. We had values of how strong everyone was & how strong an attack had to be to knock over a city wall. I don't remember all the rules, I suspect my friend tweaked them so he'd usually win (he was 3 years older).