1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Scenario so Far

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by ShahJahanII, Aug 11, 2011.

?

You Favorite Scenario?

1. Genghis Khan's Conquests (Mongolia)

19.2%
  2. Conquest of the New World

20.5%
  3. Paradise Found

10.3%
  4. 1066: Year of Viking Legacy

15.4%
  5. Samurai Invasion of Korea

11.5%
  6. Wonders of the Ancient World

23.1%
  1. ShahJahanII

ShahJahanII Homesick Alien

The new DLC brings the scenario count to 6.
    But, the question is, which of these is the must fun to play?

2. Truthy

Truthy Chatbot

A. Mongol
    B. Colonization
    C. Korea
    D. They are all bad

Moderator Action: This post has lead successfully to another thread derailment (already deleted), and is a prime example of what you should not post: A rant without any arguments. If you want to rant, then go into the rants thread, and let the people alone, who have fun with the game.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

3. anandus

anandus Errorist

Haven't played WOTAW yet, so I can't make a decision, but until now I've quite enjoyed them all. Some more than others, but I had a good time with all of them.

I'd like to see more scenarios though :)
    Maybe a scenario pack DLC with a few different scenarios :)

4. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Sheesh. We get it already. You don't like it.

5. Truthy

Truthy Chatbot

Blame Firaxis and 2K, not me.

6. chazzycat

chazzycat Deity

Yeah but you don't have to post in every. single. thread.

Myself, I like the Mongol one. Other than that I haven't really been able to get into the scenarios much. I prefer to take the new civ out for a spin on a perfect map for them once...then back to random civ random map games.

7. TopGearFanatic

TopGearFanatic Duke of St. Louis

I liked the Wonders of the Ancient World, mostly because it has the Hittites and the Sumerians. My second would be Viking Destiny, because of it's extra civilisations. I really hope a modder can add the Sumerians and Hittites to the main game.

8. ShahJahanII

shouldn't be hard to add the civs you want to the main game

9. zephyrtr

zephyrtr Chieftain

What are their Unique Abilities and such? I'd really like to know!

10. bronzeager

bronzeager Chieftain

how the heck are people already voting for the new scenarios? have you had time to play them to completion?

11. Hmnaftall

Hmnaftall Chieftain

My biggest complaint with the new scenarios is that they just recycle other leaderheads. What, did they recive negative feedback from the unique leaderheads they made for the Viking scenario?

Also for the Korea scenario they didn't even bother with renaming the leaders for historical accuracy. The Manchu leader is correct (Nurhaci), but they leave the Chinese, Korean, and Japanese leader names as the default. Seriously, in the scenario introduction it mentions Hideyoshi but the leader is still Nobunaga. Not game-breaking, but seems very lazy to me.

12. Ankh

Ankh Warlord

Derrick we get it you hate the game no need to post your hate in every thread. If you play civ 4 so much, go to that forum and post then and leave us alone from all your negativity.

Back to topic.

Best: Vikings
    Worst: Mongolia

13. BobDole

BobDole American Leader in Civ VI

I'll try and stay on topic (if you don't like the direction of Civ V, there's a lot of threads about that, go there).

Right now my favorite scenario is the Viking invasion. I haven't gotten to play the scenarios included with Korea and Ancient Wonders of the World, so I can't judge them just yet (although they both look fun) but the Viking invasion had a cool focus on large scale combat, and basically nothing else. There was some need to manage terrain and gold intake, but you got a lot of units to throw at the many enemies out there. Conquest of the New World was also fun, was a quicker/more scaled down version of the New World scenario in Civ III Conquests (I still wouldn't mind a scenario like this for V, on a side note). Overall, each new scenario has tended to be better than the ones before it, so I'm looking forward to trying out the new ones.

14. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

I've played both the new scenarios already, and personally, I think the samurai is the best one so far. Improved AI+ Me being Korea+ Japan's massive armies= The first time I've ever lost cities. In droves, even. It looks like a good challenge. Plus, Korea's UU's are actually a lot better than it first seemed.

15. ShahJahanII

Have you played as the Manchus?
    They are tons of fun, just go around converting barb camps to your side.

16. Revoran

Revoran Prince

On topic, I really thought that the New World scenario could have been much better - I still plan on eventually creating my own alternative, though the worldbuilder is a bit limited compared to say, the Civ III Complete one. :(

I did like the Mongol one because of it's difficulty and scope, and Paradise found was alright but a little uneventful. 1066 was well crafted.

I'm yet to play the latest two which may well be better.

I'd love to see a fully fledged expansion with some large scale scenarios such as WWII.

17. BobDole

BobDole American Leader in Civ VI

I'd bet on a WWII scenario at some point. There always seems to be in recent Civ games. I'd like a WWII scenario, or any "modern" scenario really. Let me use some tanks damnit, screw archers and swordsmen.

18. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

Just Korea and Japan so far, but that sounds pretty awesome, too.

19. anandus

anandus Errorist

I've just finished my first game of Wonders of the Ancient World and I absolutely loe it!
    A very well done scenario, and I really like the 'wonder-sliders' (or whatever they're called).

Maybe it's because it's fresh and new, but so far I have to say WOTAW is my favourite scenario. Until now, anyway :)
    (Although I haven't played the Korean scenario yet. That one's next).

20. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Off topic spam deleted.
    If you want to criticize a scenario, then please stay on topic and give precise critics.
    Rants about DLC don't belong in here, please use the rant thread for that.