Best Sketch Comedy Show?

for some odd reason, the show, "the state" has fond memories for me

Originally posted by sween32
the last good reaccuring character [SNL] had was the ladies man, and he didn't even last very long.
What about Brian Fellow's Safari Planet? I think that's one of SNL's best ever!

I wonder what your favourite Fast Show character was? For me it would have to be the 'someone's sitting there, mate' guy. The amount of times I have said that to complete strangers...Also unlucky Alf warrants a mention.

Was 'Competitive Dad' from the Fast Show? If so, I'd pick him. He was very amusing, as well as worryingly familiar. Do you remember the Monopoly sketch?

Ever hear of the real-life competiitve dad who was up for punching his kid in the face for beating him at Monopoly. I cant be bothered to post the whole story but it was a fantastically amusing court report

Anyway, how come all you Amricans can only name about 3 different sketch shows between you?

Does American TV have nothing but stand up or sitcoms to offer comedy-wise??

Anyway, how come all you Amricans can only name about 3 different sketch shows between you?
Depends whether you count they serious drama as comedy. Take Six Feet Under for example, that show won the best foreign comedy show at the British Comedy Awards.
Was 'Competitive Dad' from the Fast Show?
He was. I particuarly liked the cricket sketch about him, 56...57...58...

Originally posted by MrPresident

He was. I particuarly liked the cricket sketch about him, 56...57...58...

Ah yes. I knew there was another one with him I liked particularly.

Am I right in saying that Swiss Tony has 'his own show' on BBC Three.

Incidentally, why does the BBC need to launch a channel specifically for young males? The whole of television seems to be aimed at the lowest common denominator that are young males nowadays, anyway.

Am I right in saying that Swiss Tony has 'his own show' on BBC Three.
Yes. Three is the magic number...damn advertising!
Incidentally, why does the BBC need to launch a channel specifically for young males?
Part of their conquer the world strategy. First you get the young males, then you get the sugar, then you get the power and then you get the women.

I'd say Rock et Belles Oreilles but no one here knows who they are so I'll say:
Original cast (not ready for prime time players) of SNL
and Kids in the hall :D

They're trying to create an E4 of their own to compete with Channel 4 - seems the target audience is young FEMALES here - and they'll watch any old crap (birds eh?)

Monty Python (of course)
Jimeoin (Leaf Insect Man was great, and Jimeoin's cooking show)
Big Train
The Micallef Program
Full Frontal/ Fast Forward
The Mick Malloy Show (I think that was what it was called)

and I know there were some other great british ones, but i can't recall them. Monty python really has no competition.

Top Bottom