Best Star Trek series

which is the best Star Trek series

• Total voters

Gwynnja

Deity
I like TNG the best, maybe because it's the first one I ever watched regularly, but also really like voyager and enterprise. I never watched DSN and haven't seen all of the original one.

NG, no contest

TNG, hands down. Picard, Data, and La Forge seal the deal for me. I appreciate Voyager, since the Borg play such an important part, and to me, it's a lot more sci-fi-ey than the rest. DS9 is also really cool simply because of the sheer amount of warfare...not crap like ZOMG THERES A BORG CUBE NEAR EARTH but Khitomer Incident/power politics.

ToS by far. At the time it was groundbreaking for a SciFi show. It presented an novel view of the future and each show usually addressed some interesting philosophical of scientific conundrum. At the same time the campy performances of a swaggering Kirk on the make throughout the galaxy and the cheesy special effects provide great comic relief.

The Original. I like the humor and the recklessness. TNG is quite good, but a little too PC. Although the episode where Picard lives a whole life on a doomed planet is one of my favorites. My least favorite is Enterprise - also the worst theme song hands down. But, we have all of them on DVD.

The first was the coolest. And ironically, some of the special effects were more accurate than anything that came later.

Enterprise

If anyone says anything else, YOUR WRONG!

Deep Space Nine for me.

Voyager at a close second; the other three a distant third.

only thing NG was missing was 7 of 9. other than that the sheer power of Picard and Data carries it. could it have done without the obnoxious little brat? sure. could Troi have been hotter? sure. did everybody hate the doctor and silly-beard Riker? of course. weird props on LaForge and Whorf? hell yes. but Picard going home and breaking down after having been a Borg cancels all of that out.

oh, and Q. he was NG. damn stealz0rz...

Voyager was alright, but they wussified the Borg.
TNG was excellent.
Enterprise was okay, some of it was pretty good, some of it was pretty bad.
DS9 had the most interesting storylines, characters, and interactions between them.
Haven't seen enough TOS to really comment on that one.

only thing NG was missing was 7 of 9. other than that the sheer power of Picard and Data carries it. could it have done without the obnoxious little brat? sure. could Troi have been hotter? sure. did everybody hate the doctor and silly-beard Riker? of course. weird props on LaForge and Whorf? hell yes. but Picard going home and breaking down after having been a Borg cancels all of that out.

oh, and Q. he was NG. damn stealz0rz...

Seven pissed me off. I mean, she was hot relative to anybody in any Star Trek thing ever, but still, the character...ugh. And Riker...you thought he was bad bearded? Did you see him without one? :eek: He was the most homosexual first officer and worst character ever....

hehe I have never seen him without the beard, no. I'll pay you to not post pics...

Top Bottom