1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Best System Ever

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by tombeef, May 4, 2006.

?

What is the best video game system ever?

1. Atari (all versions)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NES

20.0%
  3. SNES

10.0%
  4. Game Boy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Game Boy Color

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Game Boy Advance/ SP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Nintendo DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Playstation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Playstation 2

10.0%
  10. PSP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Xbox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Xbox 360

20.0%
  13. Dreamcast

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. PC/Laptop

40.0%
  15. Sega Genesis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Sega Saturn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Phillips CD-i

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. TurboGrafx 16

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. Neo Geo Pocket Color

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tombeef

tombeef King

Spurred by a recent G4 show that had viewers vote for the top systems, I decided to host one of my own. N64 won the G4 poll, with the SNES in second. I can't remember much after that, except about five of the systems were Nintendo, except the Gamecube didn't make it, obviously.

There are several ways you could take this. You could vote for the most influential system, which I would say is the NES, it got video games on the map, or the best, which some would say is the N64, PS2, GBA, or even PC.

Now, I couldn't include all systems, so I chose the ones I felt most important. There are some groupings done, like all the Atari's in one category. Anyways, here it is.

Note: For Everyone's Sake, please use the "other" option as Gamecube. If there is anothe system not here you like more, well, you're screwed. But I think I got most of them covered, you'll just have to post it. Repeat, "other"="Gamecube."

2. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama See ya! It has been a fun decade!

Whoo! first voter. I pick XBox 360

3. tombeef

tombeef King

Yeah I know. I'm sitting here trying to make up my mind.

4. tombeef

tombeef King

whoops. I notice I left out the Gamecube. While I didn't expect it to carry a lot of votes, I should have had it instead of one of the last two systems. This is when I wish polls could be edited. If only I was a moderator...

Oh well. I'm guessing most of the people who vote other will be for Gamecube anyways. Infact, I'll just make the "other" choice the Gamecube choice. I need everyone to follow along.

5. Mr Moron

Mr Moron ??????????????????????

As it stands now, i'll say the PS2. This only of course because it can play all the old PSX games, plus a few good titles it has. If you don't count the old PSX games it can play, then probably the PSX. For a long time it was the SNES for me, but now that i've gone back and played a lot of titles i missed It wins for me. A good 50% or so of what i'd say are my favorite games ever are Playstation Games.

6. Gainy

Gainy Guest

You left out the N64 :goodjob:

7. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Yeah, just keep the OTHER option as, well, anything not on the list.

8. tombeef

tombeef King

Your right. I accidently had it twice in the polls, and so then I must have deleted it twice. Well, I guess it wasn't a good idea to do this poll from memory. If there is any interest, I can do a new poll, and replace the Phillips CD-i and the TurboGrafx 16 with N64 and Gamecube. Or someone else can, while it's still early.

9. tombeef

tombeef King

Here's the link to the better and cooler poll.

Best System Ever Period

Again, mods, feel free to close this one.