Best Trading Route?

ricmetal

Chieftain
hey guys,
how do i know which trade route will yield more gold, without moving the caravan around cities and testing against each other civ city?
what is the most important aspect of a city, that determines the highest yield?

Two ways to do this.

1) When you have a unit ready to assign:

Click Establish Trade Route

Click 'Civilization Name' at the top of this screen. This is a drop down menu allowing you to sort by gold, science etc.

2)Also on this screen and separately available from the the tab at the top of the main game screen (sorry forgot what it's called) is the Trade Route Overview.

You can look at even more info here including who's trading with you. Also sortable by clicking on the icons.

Dunno what the most important factors are but things that increase trade gold include market, bank, caravansarai (land), East India Company, Colossus, luxury diversity off the top of my head.

what is the most important aspect of a city, that determines the highest yield?
Everything Mahasona said + gold output from tiles worked by the city.
Sea trade routes + harbour are the best. I had one which gave ~50 gpt.

Everything Mahasona said + gold output from tiles worked by the city.

that doesn't seem to be the case. i changed the worked tiles and trade route yield stayed the same. what could be is the amount of gold within city borders (plus the obvious modifiers), whether worked or not.
either way, too complicated to figure out at this point, thanks Mahasona for pointing out i could arrange trade routes by gold earned in the trade overview.
cheers

I never heard that tiles worked made a difference. The tool tip says something about resource diversity, meaning different luxes and strategics. Mostly I run trade routes out of the cap.

Top Bottom