Best UB?

MerchantCo

Merchant
My favorite is the Stele, because I it's like a monument and two shrines, and yet it's no more expensive than a monument. While other civilizations are racing to build a Shrine and found a pantheon, Ethiopia is getting double the faith boost and a good deal of culture. :lol:

Its very strong contender because it replaces a building you would build anyway for most citys and produces a great boost when you need one most for faith .

The paper maker for china is another strong contender , giving a bonus to a building that you would want to build early anyway and with gold being harder to come by it hits the right notes .

The other would be the bazaar , which creates crazy income if you keep on good terms with others

Stele, 1) Every city gets it 2) It has a tremendous benefit 3) As cheap as a monument

Edit: Carthaginian Habors are a close second as they are free but that's more of a UA rather than a UB

The Mayan pyramid is also very strong like the Stele. But I think the Stele is better as both faith and culture are things you want straight out of the box. A race from turn 1 kind of thing. Faith more so, but early culture will do alot to help you get through the first policy tree. Especially Liberty benefits from this, but Piety and Tradition it also helps.

Science you don't necessarily need boosted so early, you won't have a worker ready for the luxuries, and it is not hard to catch up anyway. It's still a very strong addition of course.

The Stele is one of the best UBs in the game, I agree. However, I'd have to say the Bazaar is also up there in the "List of Exceptionally Good UBs", too: the standard bonuses of a market plus extra gold from Oil and Oasis tiles, to say nothing of a free copy of every luxury resource around that city.

I was torn between Pyramid and Stele in G&K, definitely Stele in BNW. But then of course everything is situational. I can see situations where I wish I had a Bazaars, Wats, Paper Makers, Burial Temples, etc, but generally speaking I think it's without a doubt the Stele.

Top Bottom