Best Unique Building?

AJ22PIZZA

Chieftain
I'd say the Stele because it pretty much guarantees a religion and allows you to delay a shrine. Mayan Pyramids are also great.

I would say if I had to do a list it'd probably look something like this:

Gamechanging bonuses
Stele
Pyramid
Floating Gardens
Ikanda
Bazaar

Consistently impactful bonuses
Burial Tomb
Candi
Hanse
Wat
Satrap's Court

Consistently good bonuses
Ceilidh Hall
Coffee House
Paper Maker
Ducal Stable
Mud Pyramid Mosque

Less impactful bonuses
Krepost
Walls of Babylon
Royal Library

Negligible bonuses
Mughal Fort
Longhouse

1. Floating Gardens
2. Stele
3. Pyramid
4. Hanse
5. Ducal Stable

Floating Gardens are amazing if you can get a city with a few lake tiles. 4 food tiles plus all he extra fresh water source for more 4 food farms.

More important is the 15% growth, applies to food like the ToA.

... but the Royal Library is brilliant if you're after a cultural victory.

The simple rule of thumb is: the earlier you can build it, the better it is.

... but the Royal Library is brilliant if you're after a cultural victory.
What? Conventional wisdom is that even for CV one is better off bulbing rather than GW. Possible except might be Globe Theater and Oxford — since you can get the theming bonus.

The simple rule of thumb is: the earlier you can build it, the better it is.
This makes no sense to me either. Once build libraries early, so building the Royal Library early is a no brainer.

Or is there some aspect to the Royal Library I am overlooking?

Do you have any links to GotM or HoF where Assyria is above average for CV?

Yeah I'd say the Royal Library barely affects culture victory. It adds a few more great works of writing slots, which are the most common, and nothing else towards tourism. The main use of the Royal Library is for more XP.

"Burial Tomb" is the egyptian temple and quite usefull when going wide and religious. It cost no upkeep and provides + 2 happyness + 2 faith.
By taking 3 policies in piety, the building can be built at double speed and it will give + 3 faith and +25% Gold.
It can be later enhanced by a religious belief to give +2 culture if the city has 5 followers. (It always depends on what other beliefs are still available if +2 culture is a good choice.)

-> build at double speed, +2 happiness, +3 faith, +2 culture, +25% Gold, no upkeep.

Top Bottom