Best version from recent releases and betas

dostillevi

Warlord
Hey everyone. I used to play this mod very actively and enjoy it thoroughly, but I got in the habit of waiting after each beta and release to see what the bugs were before playing. Now I realized the last time I played seriously was almost two years ago ( I think there was a big release around April 2019 and the release before that was the last I played). I've intermittently popped by to see the state of the mod, it always seems to me like there have been fairly significant bugs with each beta and especially with each release.

I'm looking for an experience that is by and large stable, relatively balanced (I'm not super picky) and free from bugs like cities starving themselves, deals being offered without any resources on one or both sides, deals being offered that are impossible as presented, massive war spam.. that sort of thing that interferes with the fun of the game. Any suggestions on a particular beta or release in the last year or two that might fit the bill?

I don't mean this as a criticism of the mod, I love it and appreciate the work being done. I just want to play and enjoy that hard work and I've talked myself out of it each time I see the remaining issues. Someone help me out!

(I just had a birthday so maybe I'm just getting curmudgeonly in my oldish age)

I tend to agree. The current version is pretty good, really. I could be wrong, but every version has at least some issues. This one at least doesn't crash, and I like most of changes. Religious pressure is the main issue with it. Tech speed is also a bit too fast, but I consider that more of a balance issue than a bug.

Thanks! I'll try the latest then with some recommended tech speed changes and bribed wars off. It sounds like the religious pressure issue has been identified too so hopefully that is resolved in an upcoming patch.

Isn't there an issue with inland cities on lakes being treated as coastal still outstanding?

Thing are just so subjective. Every version has minor issues that probably won't affect your game. And there is all the even more subjective stuff. Is tech too fast? Is the AI too aggro?

Top Bottom