Best way to attack someone that is very far away in the map?

bradebuque

Chieftain
Hello!

What is the best way to attack someone that is very distant in the map?

I need to attack a civ, because he has gattered a lot of wonders and is approaching cultural victory, I need to take his capital.

But he is very far.

What it is the right momment (age) and the best units to bring in this long jorney to attack him?

Is there an easier way to do it, than bringing all your units to his capital?

Should I wait to drop a nuclear bomb on him?

Say anything, I'm all ears...

Use naval units with carrier and bombers if he is coastal. Battleship are great units. Try to make the best of your privateers as they have great ability even if it's luck based. Later if you can upgrade them to destroyers they are very useful. Try to have a submarine too (capture it) and a fighter air unit for their recon ability and intercept.

If he is not coastal, then its tough. Maybe conquer a CS close to the area to use it as a base of operations then expand your way towards his cities with infantry and citadels.

This said, you should have already taken other earlier measures such as bribes, and culture focus or other bailout measures (exploits, tricks)
Culture runaways are usually much easier to deal with compared to science ones. They waste their chance for Hubble for a much less useful early internet.
Grab Hubble at all costs to stay in the game otherwise they can switch their plans and win by science eventually, which is the most common victory for AI and the only one they're decent at.

As for the right moment, anything goes. But I think carrier + bombers give a great power spike, same goes for battleship vs frigate. If you are short on oil you can keep some frigates and also try to buy oil.
Hope this helped, good luck :)

Top Bottom