Best way to gunpowder????

urhic0812

Chieftain
My starting civ is Russia, i want to know the best way for gunpowder! For example mining-mysticism-wheel-pottery-iron.... From first to last.

These barbarians are killing me!!!!
Thanks

JujuLautre

Deity
Easy. Go into the science advisor, click on gunpowder and here you go !

But obviously, you forget all about taking pottery or writing to have better science or any other complication... :)

As for the barbarians, you don't need gunpowder to deal with them. Archers, Axemen, Chariots... All these are good answers to early barbarians.

And welcome to CFC !

DigitalBoy

Emperor
Gunpowder is way, way too far away to shoot for from turn 1. Sometimes I beeline for Gunpowder but only after I have Metal Casting, Construction, and Code of Laws, so I can improve my cities while I'm waiting for muskets to become available. I think the best to beeline for Gunpowder is through Education and use a great scientist towards ~1700:science: for Education.

Muslim

Chieftain
Easy. Go into the science advisor, click on gunpowder and here you go !

But obviously, you forget all about taking pottery or writing to have better science or any other complication... :)

As for the barbarians, you don't need gunpowder to deal with them. Archers, Axemen, Chariots... All these are good answers to early barbarians.

And welcome to CFC !

personally i like to plant archers on mountains with trees near where barbs pop out. The 100%+ vantage points the archers get there makes then umbeatable and very experienced. Later on I upgrade them. Quite a tradeoff:p

Top Bottom