Best way to play fun small maps

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by dreadknought, Jan 14, 2010.

1. dreadknought

dreadknought timelord

Ok this is great for fun small maps and esp. for large mods that always cause the computer to die on larger maps.

My settings are small map/ archipelago/ no tech trade or brokering/advanced ai/advanced start (8k)/ epic or slowest possible speed/ snaky continents/domination victory/ and just 3 ais in the game, BUT key constant war.
    Ive been trying monarch diff, but its very tough, may have to drop 1 level.

The thing is early raiding is fun and needed, great generals come quicker, you have to protect your lands all the time, lots of promoting units, you dont have slow times that get boring, the world wonders are tougher to build (as you are always building some troops, overall development is just tougher. If you win you know you earned it. Give it a try.

2. joanne

joanne Barbarian

Custom game, duel pangea, 18 civs, playing as inca :D

3. Bluto_Longneck

Bluto_Longneck Chieftain

OCC on small Pangaea, low waterlevels and 2 extra AI, so 6 against you. Now I play Prince and Monarch levels mostly on STD most of the time, and sometimes Epic.

I win most on prince, but get slaughtered too often on Monarch, have to stop building those wonders! :) Diplo is key and sometimes it's hard to pick friends.

But a game (to win) take just 3-4 hrs, to lose...much quicker.

j0anne: I won domination with Inca on a dual map/18 civs, no warfare, just culture and a few friendly vassals. That wasn't OCC though, just one built city. I think it was Noble and no restraints on the AI, but a fun few hrs, I admit. :)