Best way to use a G. General

• Lead troops to battle

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Build a Military Academy

Votes: 37 67.3%

• Total voters

kokomo

Warlord
Which is, according to your experience, the best way to dispose a Great General? and why?

Which is, according to your experience, the best way to dispose a Great General? and why?
You forgot the 3rd option, which may be the most popular... SETTLE the General.

Having said that... I usually use the first two I get as geneals to lead troops (with a level-III Medic), and the rest I settle for the experience.

I settle the first few for some nice exp boost in my production city, after that jsut at random settling, academies or elading troops

What is about "Merging as Instructor" and "A Good mix" - I would vote on the later.
I use 2, sometimes 3 on Units, 2 to 4 on Instructors and 1 or 2 on Akademies. More of everything if i happen to pop more generals.

What is about "Merging as Instructor" and "A Good mix" - I would vote on the.
I use 2, sometimes 3 on Units, 2 to 4 on Instructors and 1 or 2 on Akademies. More of everything if i happen to pop more generals.
/cosigned...

I use my generals in all three categories if need be... but I generally target two field generals, three if I'm in a lot of wars... the rest I use to settle for experience or an academy if needed.

1) Attach to scout for a super medic
2) Build Academy
3) Settle Settle Settle

Why in the world would you attach him to a scout? What a waste of a general. He can be a super medic attached to any military unit... attaching to a scout is pointless... I fail to see why you would want to do this... maybe for the "free upgrade" from scout to explorer!?!?! :p

Attaching to scout prevents the guy from dying while defending.

He will almost allways be the last one of a stack to defend, beeing the weakest unit. also scout is fast, so he can move with cavalry.

I myself prefer to attach to a military unit tho, and just watch out to have enought defenders in the stack. This way the guy can get some more XP from time to time too.

Okay... well, now that you mention it, that might not be a bad strategy... but still... you're missing half the benefits of having a great general leading troops... after the super-medic, he can be a super-offensive unit too with all those other bonuses.

Okay... well, now that you mention it, that might not be a bad strategy... but still... you're missing half the benefits of having a great general leading troops... after the super-medic, he can be a super-offensive unit too with all those other bonuses.

I got too many GG units destroyed in combat. So I use the super medic to heal my stack(s). It also unlocks the WP.

I settle the other GGs in my military city. I would rather have many units at least 14XP [GGs +1 each, Pentagon +2, WP +4, Barracks +3, Theocracy +2, Vassalage +2] with quick military production [Military Academy +50%, Police State +25%] than one GG unit.

If I am way ahead (very rarely) I will build a GG Battleship or Modern Armor.
I saw Olleus got an 125XP gunship in one game. :eek:

As I am beelining rifling which usually starts my biggest war, getting there first and building shed loads, I usually miss out the tech for military academy as its not that cheap and is a dead end. I would rather have the extra 10-12 rifles from every city building them once, e.g. before evryone else, than wait the extra few turns to research it, after that I am usually so busy and generally all out for infantry that it simply gets left behind. I usually settle every general in my heroic epic city.

I know I should consider the super medic but somehow I just never get round to it, will have to try next game.

I settle them for the experience bonus. Rarely do I get more than 4 and I put them in a city with a stable and barracks for better mounted units. My games don't last until the modern era. Typically it's over by the time riflemen arrive.

1.) Settle 3
2.) Attach to privateer (Then leech a lot of +100% xp from galleys, triemes, caravels, carracks) and upgrade to destroyer.
3.) Settle more wherever you want to pump out high level units.

Always settle, and keep settling them in the same City. Build a Military Academy when you can and ensure the city has Heroic Epic + Iron Works.

Result = your units from that city are so elite, they survive in combat, and the only military units you need to produce in all your other cities are cats / trebs / cannon.

Regards - Mr P

Scout can't get woodsman III for the full 40% healing bonus. So your super medic won't be as super as he possibly could be. If you're really worried about him getting killed defending, why not do the same thing with a warrior?

Scout can't get woodsman III for the full 40% healing bonus. So your super medic won't be as super as he possibly could be. If you're really worried about him getting killed defending, why not do the same thing with a warrior?
You could do it with a Chariot and never upgrade him too!

Top Bottom