Best ways to cozy up to disgruntled Ai ?

Cedbird

Warlord
In late game this skill is needed more than ever . Especially when your as good as me:king: . All joke aside . When its late game and the Ai starts to find reasons to dislike you and gang up on you . What are the some ways to cozy back up to them . To some of us it may be obvious . But to newer players it may not . So give us what you got .
One way I love is to go to the Diplomacy screen . Then Global politics . Lets say I am trying to curry favor with Maria Theresa . I go see who has denounced her or vica versa . Then if it wont be such a big cost to me in other ways Dow , trade implications , open borders , or making another important ally upset . I go ahead and denounce her foes . If she is guarded or even friendly and tipping to guarded that should keep her on my side . May take a while but good investment .

If you are using Gods and Kings, you can try to pick the same late game policies (Order, Autocracy, Freedom) as your friends. That usually works.

Trade resources with them to get a small diplomacy bonus. Let them open an embassy in your capital. Share any relevant intrigue you uncover with them. Liberate their workers from barbarians or (more likely in late-game situations) other civs. Choose the same Industrial-Era policy tree (I tend to choose my policies based on my own needs rather than global politics, but it's an option). Liberate their cites from foreign occupation. All of these things should get you positive diplomacy modifiers with the civ involved.

Top Bottom