Beta 6 talk

I would have to have a look into the general naming system before I can do that. For now, I think it would be best to take out the names I mentioned completely, because they are either completely ahistorical for your timeframe (there was no French Empire before Napoleon) or only matter in the last 100 years ("Britain" exists since 1707).

I would have to have a look into the general naming system before I can do that.

That would be great!
We can handle the following right now:
Code:
            <DCNCondition>
                    <DCNConditionCivic>NONE</DCNConditionCivic>
                    <DCNConditionOrCivic1>NONE</DCNConditionOrCivic1>
                    <DCNConditionOrCivic2>NONE</DCNConditionOrCivic2>
                    <DCNConditionReligion>NONE</DCNConditionReligion>
                    <DCNConditionNotReligion>NONE</DCNConditionNotReligion>
                    <DCNConditionVassalOf>CIVILIZATION_BYZANTIUM</DCNConditionVassalOf>
                    <DCNConditionGenericVassal>1</DCNConditionGenericVassal>
                    <DCNConditionMasterlOf>NONE</DCNConditionMasterlOf>
                    <DCNConditionGenericMasterl>0</DCNConditionGenericMasterl>
                    <DCNConditionAfterTurn>0</DCNConditionAfterTurn>
                    <DCNName>TXT_KEY_DN_ARA10</DCNName>
            </DCNCondition>

So each civilization has new tags describing DCN (Dynamic Civ Names). The tag identify condition, that have to be satisfied for the civilization to assume the given name. A check for "change name" is triggered when a civilization founds/conquers/razes/trades a city, changes civics or changes vassal status.

Conditions are parsed one by one, top to bottom. The first condition that gets "satisfied" becomes the name for the civilization. Each condition has several tags that need to be ALL "satisfied" for the condition to be "satisfied".

- three or civics, if you are running any of the three civics, then all three are considered satisfied. If they are listed as "NONE", they are automatically satisfied regardless of what you are running.
- religion, you have to have the same state religion in order to satisfy this one. NOTE: "NONE" here doesn't mean no-state-religion, "NONE" means ANY religion, state or otherwise.
- not religion, you must have a different state religion to satisfy this one (this is used to more easily identify "Christian" vs "Muslim", religion: Islam -> Caliphate, not-religion: Islam -> Kingdom). NOTE: "NONE" here means it is automatically satisfied.
- VassalOf and GenericVassal are used together. You have to first set "GenericVassal" to 1, then set the specific master. NONE for the master means any master.
- Same for MasterOf and GenericMaster
- After Turn gets satisfied when you go pass that turn.

PS: Actually it's more than enough if you give me the names for the different conditions. I will put them in the xml
If some other category is needed, 3Miro said he will code it

There are two other conditions that I can think of. One is kill and conquer a specific player, and another is "have x number of non-home provinces". The first condition would be used to identify "Polish-Lithuanian" and "Austria-Hungary" and the second condition would specify "Kingdom vs Empire". I will try to get those in today.

Okay great! and you're welcome :)

I am sitting impatiently for the next version. I can't wait. :lol:

oh yeah, here is the screen shot that I wanted to show you

Spoiler :

The bug in the screenshot is already mentioned and fixed. But thanks anyway.

Well, Austria-Hungary is just another example that shouldn't be in this mod, being way out of the scope.

And in general, many "empire" names don't make sense in a medieval context for most civilizations anyway (the only ones I can think of is Byzantium, Bulgaria, HRE, Spain and Portugal (but based on number of colonies, not territory in Europe) and Muscovy/Russia). Or in other words, I don't think the RFC heuristic for dynamic names works well for the scope of this modmod and rather tends to break immersion.

Well, Austria-Hungary is just another example that shouldn't be in this mod, being way out of the scope.

And in general, many "empire" names don't make sense in a medieval context for most civilizations anyway (the only ones I can think of is Byzantium, Bulgaria, HRE, Spain and Portugal (but based on number of colonies, not territory in Europe) and Muscovy/Russia). Or in other words, I don't think the RFC heuristic for dynamic names works well for the scope of this modmod and rather tends to break immersion.

In the old naming scheme, you had to specify each case for each nation. Now you don't, so we can be picky about when we call something Empire and when not. We can call very easily make it so that Byzantium is always and Empire, Bulgaria sometimes and England never (or something like that).

Yeah, that should be the way to go imo.

The bug in the screenshot is already mentioned and fixed. But thanks anyway.

yes, but I just put it up there just to remind people.

It's also nice to hear about the British Empire name being fixed. It was way to bothersome.

Top Bottom