[BETA] Earth 1000 AD Standard Map

Veneke

King
Earth 1000 AD​

Description

A 1000 AD scenario based on a standard sized Earth map (thread for map located here). I've taken substantial liberties to create a more interesting and dynamic start for as many Civs as possible.

Diplomacy has also been revamped in this scenario with the "What Would Ghandi Do?" Mod. I'm happy with the results of this, but if you desire a return to Vanilla diplomacy simply move or delete the "Diplomacy" folder found inside the mod.

* Arabia starts at war with Europe (Spain, England, France, Holy Roman Empire and Byzantium) and in a very dominant position. A small crusade to retake Jerusalem has started, with France's Stephen II of Blois at the head of the army.
* The Vikings start at war with Warsaw, Stockholm, Edinburgh and Dublin with a reasonably substantial army. Aside from these four, there are no City-States.
* Mongolia starts not knowing any Civs, but with a substantial force of Keshiks and Khans.
* India, Siam, China, Korea and Japan start at peace with each other but with ample room for expansion and development. Japan, however, must contend with a small force of rogue samurai to its north, led by Shogun (Great General) Emishi.
* The American Civs start well behind the others, but are generally speaking able to capitalize on the open ground available to them. It is not expected, however, that they will be able to beat an Asian or European force.

Installation:
  • Download file and place it in your C:\Users\...\Sid_Meiers_Civilization_5\MODS folder.
  • Load Civ 5.
  • Open Mod Browser.
  • Press Install Mods and wait until it completes.
  • Activate Vens 1000 AD.
  • In the Mod submenu select Custom Game.
  • Select Civ and difficulty.
  • Enjoy!

Known issues:
In descending order of importance.

* In order to get Custom Civs to work with a Scenario the game has to be played through the Custom Game Screen, which does not include speed selection. The result is that the map plays on Epic speed and only epic speed.
Potential Fix(es): Rename existing Civs as suggested by Putmalk? Multiple versions of the map?

* ModBuddy is refusing to allow me to log on to the server. So for the moment this scenario is only available old-school through the attached file and CivFanatics database. Help on this point would be greatly appreciated.
Potential Fix(es): Not the foggiest.

* The Vikings Unique Unit (the Beserker) has a habit of changing its symbol to one of the Elephant unique units. It doesn't seem to affect anything, it's just a graphical oddity.
Potential Fix(es): Got nothing here either.

Changelog:
1.0 - Release Version

Attachments

• Vens Standard 1000 AD (v 1).civ5mod
    3.6 MB · Views: 869
  • 1000 AD.jpg
    1000 AD.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 6,338
Could you make a no mod version ? with eventually dlc ?

Just tried but it crashed while loading...

I could, but that would mean no HRE or Byzantium. They could be replaced by Germany and Rome, though that's not ideal.

Crashed while loading? Fantastic. -.-'

Edit:

Just loaded up the downloadable version of the scenario and it worked fine for me. Are you going through the Custom Game menu screen? Also, is it consistently crashing? If so, could you upload the debug logs? You can find them here: <My Documents>\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs. The files in particular are Database.log, Modding.log, and Lua.log. Hopefully that'll shed more light on the matter.

I also think that deleting the files in <My Documents>\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData will also help.

Ok, i will do as my possible, i will retry to reload your map with its mod...
And doing all the tasks you mentioned...

And will feedbacking once again...

Unfortunately Nirosi at the moment you seem unable unable to create a custom scenario with modded Civs without going through the Custom Game screen, which doesn't allow you to pick which speed you play on. Between this and the general bugginess of modding scenarios I've given up on attempting to create scenarios for Civ 5.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the scenario though!

Scenario works otherwise properly. It does give me custom faction, army and all kind of stuff. But When i start i cant pick faction or speed or difficulty. So it gives random faction. Thats not real problem,But playing whit level4 difficulty is just ridicilious.

Computer just cant do anything. All european nations just camper in their starting locations. Arabia is only one does get something done. Even that usually ends up mass off units attacking which just walk in but dont really attack or attakcs at random whitout getting any results.

Only real challenge is whit atzcets try to kill barbarian crossbows and pikemans whit jaguar warriors and archers. It always take loses to kill those barbarians. And there are alot of them coming.

So give player ability to choose difficulty or make base diffiulty harder.

Otherwise this is great scenario. Whit this little impromevent it would be even better.
(yes I did notice that this is still at beta state)

Hey alluton. First of all, welcome to CivFanatics! Thanks for the feedback, it squares pretty well with what I've experiended as well. The problem with creating a properly functioning start menu for a scenario on a pre-made map effectively drove me from attempting to Mod any further than what I've already done in Civ 5.

What I've found to be the other major problem is that the Civ 5 A.I. is poor. Not normally a problem, but as its default diplomatic procedures effectively makes the game unplayable I've stopped with Civ 5 altogether.

Pretty much as a result of these two things I'm afraid that I'm not going to update this scenario. Very sorry about this and I hope you can find other modders who are better able to deliver.

Im sorry to hear that. This map was very good at civ4 whit Rhyes and fall of civilizations. Even whit civ4 combat/unit stacking.

...the game always seems to crash at a specific turn. I tried a while back, and was randomly assigned the Arabs (awesome!). I did multiple restarts / saves, etc... and it kept crashing, seemingly at the same time.

I just tried tonight again, and was given India (seemed fun). Kept crashing around the 1675-1700 AD turn. No clue why. I've attached some logs that may or may not help at all. Any insights you can give, just to help me play through? I see you sort of gave up on this as a full MOD, but it still seems fun to play through.

Attachments

• Wonderous India EARTH 1000.Civ5Save
    892.5 KB · Views: 149
I'm afraid that this scenario is long dead mate. I gave up trying to figure out the intricacies of modding in Civ 5 some time ago and have resigned myself to working on the map which this scenario used. I'm happy to say that the map works perfectly fine too and, if I do say so myself, isn't half bad.

Top Bottom