[BTS] Beta Gauntlet 11 - Conquest, Inca

Noble Zarkon

Elite Quattromaster - Immortal (BTS)
Super Moderator
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

This is a Beta Gauntlet to help test the new Buffy!

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Conquest (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Any
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Tiny
  • Speed: Any
  • Map Type: Big and Small
  • Required: Aggressive AI
  • Civ: Inca (Huayna Capac)
  • Opponents: Must include France (Napoleon), Ottoman (Mehmed II)
  • Version: 3.19.005 Beta or 3.19.005 Beta2
  • Date: 10th February to 9th March 2018
The highest score wins.

We don't often get a chance to play as the Inca so I thought this would be appropriate for a Beta Gauntlet which won't appear in the main tables (although you can include them by turning the appropriate filter on).

The twist for this is that it's Conquest but Highest Score wins not earliest date!

Conquest on a Tiny map with any difficulty means you can very easy have a submission with an hours play but you can also go much longer to try and post a competitive score. Settings are designed to make sure there's a decent amount of conflict which is what we really need tested.

Does Low vs High sea level actually do much for Big and Small? I honestly can't see much of a difference. Maybe Low decreases the chance for separate continents? At least that's what I'm hoping.

Hah, that went well. Was smashing up Lincoln and taken a size 7 city in 500BC, in addition to a foodless size 1 city. Lets give away that one to Mansa. It's crap anyway, should have razed it. Hey, why is the size 7 city coloured... Roll eyes. Quit game.

Was a fine map too :sad:

Wow! Never seen this so freakishly early before :eek:
Very early circumnav.jpg

(Normal speed)

Quite an achievement to sail around the planet before you know how to chop down forests.

Last edited:
Oh, so close :D

Forgot about this, but had another game going with tons of warfare. Mansa won Lib in 2-300AD, which is totally nuts. Sometimes he goes way out of control. It wasn't Deity either, think I played on Immortal.

Congrats with a very fine game. That's a good score.

Top Bottom