"Beta" Massive WW2 scenario

Meateater

Warlord
For the newest Conquest update to the scenario it uses all the WWII units through out Civ3 and its expansions. You need to download the file "WW2 TheWorld zip" and the newest
"WW2 TheWorld scenario bic" from the link. I have included a read me in the download for installation. ( The newest versions Does Not have many units placed yet, So refer to the versions just below that have the units placed already)

Here is part of the read me, showing how to install the newest Conquest version

----------------------------------------

This is the updated version of this WW2 scenario to be playable with the new Conquest units.

I have included NO UNIT ART so you must use the units from your Conquest and PTW folders.

I did include Civilpedia unit icons and the resource pcx files from the TETurkhan mod.
Also included are updated Civilpedia and PediaIcons files.

To install unzip and extract folder to Civ3\Conquest\Conquest folder.

You now need to copy and paste a few folders.

Go in to your Civ3PTW folder and find the folder called "extras" in it there is a folder
called "World War II" open it and then open the folder caled "Art". You should see a folder
called "Units" copy it. Now paste that folder in to your
Conquest\Conquest\WW2 TheWorld\Art folder.

The next folder is in your Civ3PTW\scenarios\TETurkhan\Art folder find the folder called
units, copy and paste it in the same folder you pasted the first on. (Yes to overwrite all)

Last for the unit folders is in Conquest\Conquest\WWII in the Pacific\Art folder
find the folder called units, copy and paste in the same plase as before.(yes to overwrite)
Now you are done with the units

Go back to your Civ3PTW\scenarios\TETurkhan\Art folder and open
the folder called Civilpedia and then the one called Icons and copy the folder "resources"
You want to paste this in the Conquest\Conquest\WW2 TheWorld\Art\Civilpedia\Icons folder.

You now need to get the latest update of this scenario and put it in your Conquest\Conquest
folder to be able to play a game.

Thats all, play a game.

--------------------------------
For Play The World version.

Must have PTW and 127f patch for the PTW version, and just download the file called PTW from the link. Put it in your PTW scenario folder, and play a game.

---------------------------
For the Conquest version No New Conquest Units. It is just like PTW version but with Locked Alliances.

Conquest is required for the Conquest version (Conquest versions have a C at the end like so 1.0C PTW versions do not.Link for scenario
to install just use link to get download, unzip to a folder then put scenario in the PTW scenarios folder and start a game. This is a massive scenario and huge map that may take a while to load with 31 civs selected. It uses the PTW WW2 units and will look for the files in your PTW folders.

--------------------------------

I just wanted to state that this scenario is being made from the
"TETurkhan Test of Time Mod" that came with PTW, There should be given a great deal of credit to the maker of this great mod "TETurkhan Test of Time Mod".

The year is September 01/1939 Japan has been expanding its empire in to the north and the coast of China for some time now. Italy has demanded then taken Ethiopia in resent years and invaded and occupied Albania in recent months. Germany occupied Austria, then later invaded and occupied all of the German speaking regions of Czechoslovakia and taking NE Prussia, demanded Danzig, and then invaded Poland on September 01/1939. With England (G.B.) France, America, and Dutch having to protect their territories in Africa to India, to much of Asia to the Philippines to the Dutch East Indies and Pacific Islands. The time is now!
A good site or two for a timeline of events http://worldatwar.net/timeline/other/diplomacy39-45.html
http://history.acusd.edu/gen/WW2Timeline/start.html

Playable civs are -
Italy, Brazil, Greece/Yugoslavia, Neatherlands/Low Countries, Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia, China, Poland, Japan, France, India, Communist China, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Romania, Great Britain, Sweden Spain, America, Turkey Australia/New Zealand, Argintina, Canada, Bulgaria, Hungary, Mexico, Finland, Norway/Denmark, South America, Central America, Persia/Iraq.

There have been a lot of changes made to all most everything with plenty more to come.

railroads can take a max of 100 turns with one worker (like in mountains) to build (so protect the tracks that have been placed in your country)
almost all ww2 era stuff no future or past
no great wonders really
fascism has no unit cost and higher draft per turn
most everything can be built when economy is set to war
no war weariness at all
most of the unit stats have been adjusted
many of the unit resource requirements have been changed, many now require two or three resources
no settlers

Here are the units that are in the scenario, still need new art.
-------------------------------------------Foot units --------------------------------------

Heavy MG's----

Regular Heavy MG
Heavy MG 34-German
Heavy MG 42-German
Vickers Heavy MG-British
M1917A1 Heavy MG-American
M1919A2 Heavy MG-American
Browning 50. cal. MG-American
Type 92 Heavy MG-Japanese
Type 99 Heavy MG-Japanese

Infantry----

Regular Infantry
U.S. Infantry
British Infantry
French Infantry
Soviet Infantry
German Infantry
SS infantry
Japanese Infantry
Italian Infantry

Marines----

Regular Marine
U.S. Marine
British Commando
Japanese Marine SNLF (speacial Navle landing force)

Para troopers----

Regular Para trooper
U.S. Para trooper
British Para trooper
German Para trooper

Flamethrowers----

Regular Flame thrower
U.S. Flame thrower - M1A1
German Flame thrower

Anti-tank----

Regular Anti-tank
Bazooka M1-American
Bazooka M1A1-American
Bazooka M9-American
Pait-British
Faustpatrone-German
Panzefaust 30-German
Panzerschreck 54-German

Mis.----

Combat engineers
Military Police
Mortor unit
Japanese knee mortor
German 88

--------------------------------------------Tanks ------------------------------------------

Regular tank

American---

M2A2 Combat car
M3A1 Stuart 3
M5A1 Stuart 6
M.24 Chaffee
M3 Lee/Grant
M4A1 Sherman 2
M4A3 Sherman 4
M.26 Pershing
M-10 Wolverine

Soviet---

T-60
T-70
T-28
T-34/76
T-34/85
IS-1
IS-2
KV-1

British---

Matilda 2
Valentine
Cruiser MK4
Cruiser MK6
Cromwell
Comet
Churchill MK7
Cruisre MK1

German---

Panzer 1
Panzer 2
Panzer 3
Panzer 4
Panther 5
Tiger 1
Tiger 2

Italian---

M.11/39
M.13/40
M.14/41
P.40

Japaneses---

Type 97 Chi-Ha
Type 97 Chi-Ha Shinhoto
Type 95 Ha-Go
Type 3 Chi-Nu

French---

Renault R.35
Somua S.35
Hotchkiss H.39

Mis.---

Self propeled guns
Rocket launchers
Rail gun
Anti-aircraft guns

--------------------------------------------Aircraft ---------------------------------------

Regular fighter
Regular Bomber

Italian---

Piaggo P108 (BH)
Rggiane RE 2000 (F)
Breda Ba 65 (DB)
Fiat BR 20 (B)
Fiat G 50 Freccia (F)

French---

Bloch MB 152 (F)
Moraine-Saulnier MS 406 (F)
Dewoitine D-520 (F)
Bloch MB 210 (B)
Leo 451 (B)

German---

Junkers Ju 188 (B)
Me 410 (F)
Me 109 (F)
FW 190 (F)
Ju 87 (DB)
Me 262 (F)
Me 110 (FB)
177 Greif (HB)
Dornier 217 (B)
Ju 88 (DB-B)
Heinkel 111 (B)

Japanese---

Type 1 oscar (F)
A6m Zero (F)
Ki-21 sally (B)
G4M betty (B)
D3D Val (DB)
B7A grace (DB)
N1K George (F)
Ki-67 peggy (B)
D4Y judy (DB)
Ki-27 nate (F)
J2M jack (F)

American---

P-47 Thunderbolt (F-GA)
F4U Corsair (F)
P-51 Mustang (F)
P-40 (F)
P-38 lightning (F-GA)
B-17 Flying fortress (B)
B-24 Liberator (HB)
B-29 Super fortress (HB)
F4F Wildcat (F)
F6F Hellcat (F)
P-39 Airacobra (F)
SB2C Helldiver (DB)
A24 Banshee (DB)
SBD Dauntless (DB)
F2A Buffalo (F)
Grumman Avenger (DB-F)
B-25 Mitchell (B)
Douglas Invader (B)

Soviet---

Yakovlev Yak-9 (F)
Shturmovik (GA)
Yakovlev Yak-1 (F)
Tupolev Tu-2 Bat (B)
RuIlyushin I1-4 bob (B)
Ru Petlyakov Pe-2 (GA)
Ru Polikarpov I-16 (F)
Ru Petlyakov Pe-8 (HB)
Ru Lavochkin LaGG-3 (F)

British---

Supermarine Spitfire (F)
Hawker Hurricane (F)
Handley Page Halifax (HB)
Fairey FireFly (F)
De Havilland Mosquito (B)
Avro Lancaster (HB)
Hawker Typhoon (F-GA)
Armstrong Whitworth (HB)
Blackburn Skua (DB)
Supermarine SeaFire MK3 (F)
Bristol Type 156 Beaufighter (F-B)
Blenheim (B)

Mis.---

V1 Buzz Bomb
V2 Rocket
Para glider plane
Para trooper plane
A-Bomb
A-Bomb transport plane

------------------------------------------Sea Vessels---------------------------------------

Battleship C1
Battleship C2
Battlecruiser C1
Battlecruiser C2
Carrier C1
Carrier C2
Carrier C3
Destroyer C1
Destroyer C2
Sub Hunter
Submarine
German U-Boat
Transport

SCENARIO DEVELOPER - MEATEATER
SCENARIO DEVELOPER/ RESEARCH ASSISTANT - ROCOTEH
And thank's to all that have posted.

Good as it is but heres what I think needs changing:
Creaete a civ called Low Nations instead of 3 seperate ones
Have Lithuania & Estonia as part of Russia
Have the British Empire instead of all different countries (generaly reduce the amount of different nations to speed the game up)
Why are 2 Danish explorers in Antartica?
Set the player properties
Create Sweden

Still though this is a good scenario. :)

Well first I want to tell you Phoenix that I really liked you huge WW2 scenario, but how did you add all the city improvements to the cities? Debug mod?
What civs would be in the Low Nations?
Lithuania,Estonia,Latvia, were invaded by Russia June 15/1940 and annexed July 21/1940 but I may give it to them early. Like I did Syria and Iraq.
Can you explain some more about the British Empire idea, like have all the allies in one?
Explores have 100 moves to clean map faster, I also made a boat (Frigate) to do the same thing, but you must use the editor to place them on the map for your civ yourself before you play.
In player properties what do you think needs to be changed?
I planned on making it so you can play whatever civ you want.
As for Sweden I had them in, in the beginning but took them out. I know they were Germany's main supplier of iron ore and military facilities but they were neutral as for fighting, much like Spain. I should put a city or two of Sweden but make them under German control.

Some geographic corrections:
1. Hamburg is a harbour with way to the North sea, not Baltic
2. Frankfurt is either in middle Germany (F. am Main) or in eastern central Germany (F. an der Oder); Kolberg would fit instead of F.
3. Prussia = Königsberg
4. Austria= Vienna
5. Straßburg was French, but Baden- Baden or Karlsruhe or Stuttgart would fit
6. Ruhr, although not a single town, the discription of this massive cities there fits!
7. Latvia= Riga
8. Estonia= Tallin

There are some other minor errors, but Excellent job!

Adler

The city Improvements: I just clicked right clicked on the city, clicked properties, then city and altered it in there.
Low Nations is Belgium, Netherlands & Luxemburg on your map.
I would have the British Empire as Canada, Australia, Indian Sub Continent & the south east asian colanies (liek singapore).
Set all of the player properties - the technology they have (but not the era as it over-rides the techs), the leader names and the amount of gold - just don't set a human player.

Yeah Europe got a little crammed together when I added Belgium and Luxemburg, but I will take a carefully look when placing the cities on the map in the final release. Oh for all the city names, that was the hardest part. Finding maps of the specific time 1939. I see you gave me some capitals there, I was going to use them but wanted to try and have the one city for say Litvia represent that little country,and giving it a high population. On a few maps I have, they show Ruhr as a city, but I believe you are correct. The Ruhr is a river that connects with another river the Rhine ( Rhineland country ) but like the Rhineland the Ruhr has a large region of populated areas.
Thanks for the information about the city improvements Phoenix. I must have looked at the properties many times and never noticed the other tabs behind hehe. I may use your idea of the Low Nations and free up 2 civs. As for the British empire, they are huge all ready including territory in Africa, middle east,most of India, some Pacific Islands and Singapore, Hongkong. So I think Canada, Australia, will stay independent.
This is a Beta version so there is still a lot to do like what you both have mentioned, before work on the final version will begin. This is a playable version but all the little things like leader names have not been done yet. Thanks for all the past or future feedback.

Hey Phoenix got your message and replied to it, hope it helps.
I have been working on my beta scenario and will countinue to do so. The final release will hopefully come sometime after Conquest so it will use the new features that the expansion pack has to offer. As work on this beta scenario progress I will post the most current version to the link in the first post.

hey about the goverments... you forgot an important one... communism!

Well if you want to see Russia in a Communismm government that's cool but they are the only one that were under that form of government besides Mongolia at the time but Mongolia is not in this scenario. China really had no government at the time but were in civil war trying to bring a Communism or Democracy state there but called a truce in the civil war un till the threat from Japan could be dealt with. But since just after the war, I think 1945 Russia did force Communism on countries mostly the baltic states this is better known as the western block. I will place Russia under Communis government. Since Democracy and Fascism were the major governments of the allies and axis, I used them both to make it easier for a love hate relationship between the allies and axis powers in the game. Even though you can argue that some of the axis powers were not under a fascism government. A nation or country that looks to extend its empire through military action or force, to me falls under a fascism government.
I will have two saved games up for download from the link in the first post to get the scenario sometime today with all 31 civs in. I will use England (G.B.) and Germany for the saved games that you will be able to play.
What I am trying to do with this scenario is make it so if you know some history of the WW2 you would be able to play it like it happened. I am trying my best to do this but can only do so much with the limitations of the civ editor. With that said I made some civs not able to build military units and must defend with the units I have given them in the editor. Poland would be a good example of this. I have done the same with some other civs that were invaded and occupied.

Here is a screen shot of a in game mini map if that does not load then there is an attached file too.
Link for scenario 1.1 and saved games
I have updated the scenario to 1.1 and have 2 saved games one starts as G.B. (England) the other as Germany, if you wish to play as one of the other civ's you will have to load a new game, but if you ask me I may be able to post other saved games like U.S. Japan, Russia, Italy and so on. Also if you would like to play the Pacific or Europe/Africa champagnes that is also possible by simple selecting the desired civ's, this makes for shorter load times and games over all.
Some changes were Soviets are Communists now. All civ's should be able to trade with each other from the start, but have limited recourses to trade un till they build roads to their extra supplies. Have Germany, Italy, and Japan setup to trade with each other and they do from the start. This is the start of the axis triplet pack. All civs have a starting military, but Germany, Italy, and Japan have larger ones. Player #1 the human player whatever civ they play with will start out with about 15 boats around the map that will be able to clean the ocean blackness in about 4 turns or so, combined with the explores placed on the map that have 100 moves per turn, the map gets cleaned quick, no black.

Attachments

• ww2 civ screen1.jpg
    ww2 civ screen1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 16,021
This scenario seems to have great potential, although
I think there is room for revisions:

Time scale: Should be weeks instead of months.

Civs: England,India, Canada, New Zealand and Australia
should be : British Empire.

Estonia,Latvia, Lithuavia and eastern Poland should
start as part of Russia. Yes I know it is not correct with
the historical time-line, but I think its the best solution.
(Remember Molotov-Ribbentrop).

With regard to Latin-America: I say its correct.
Brazil send 1 infantry division to Italy. That`s it.

OOB:
Give the major nations their capital ships (BB and BC).

British Empire 15
France 7
Germany 2
Italy 2
Japan 9
Soviet 3
U.S.A. 15

Italy starts with 8 tank units. They never had more
than 3 tank divisions(Centauro,Littorio and Ariete).
They had a powerful navy. (September 1939: 107 subs,
and overall a navy that Britain never could count out).

France should be stronger: Hitler thought it should
take 1 year to defeat France. It took 6 weeks due to
incompetence in leadership. But remember, the common
French soldier fought with high bravery and moral.

At last: Sweden should be a separate Civ.

Keep up the good work

Rocoteh

Meateater: Check your PM.

Here is how a game will start, pick your civ and in the scenario description it tells you the Axis powers, then says that the first AI civ slot is for a communism government, the next 8 are fascism and the rest are democracy. So say I play as Soviet's then I could leave the first slot empty or put china there instead of in a democracy slot. Then put the axis in the fascism slots and the allies in the democracy slots, get the idea. Once set the civs will stay in that government. The fascism and democracy government's both dislike each other.
Here is the problem, I don't want the Allies to allie with the Axis, and it happens too often. Like America allies with Japan, just can't have it. Here is the solution I was thinking of doing. Taking away the AI's power to make MP and alliances, by disabling it on the tech tree. Then make a new tech that will in able MP, and alliances, but only give that tech to the human player. I all ready have the human player start with 1,000,000 gold so then you could just buy whatever from whoever. The other option could be to let one and only one of each of the allies and axis powers have the tech that the human player would have too. I may pick up all the Intel agencies I placed for civ's and have them build them on their own to avoid a war starting from a spy.

Rocoteh got your PM thanks. About making it weeks, then its 48 turns a year yeah? Unless I make it 2 weeks at a time or something, I will have to play around with it. The British Empire including Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India has been mentioned before, but if you are from Canada ,why not let you play as them and so on, and that's how I intended it to be. As for India would you agree they had some independents at the time? The Brits do have most of India but not all, they make it more interesting if you play as the Brits, but then again if you don't want India in the game don't select them. I have also thought about making the little Baltic sea coast countries as one, but if you play as the Soviet's you can invade them your self like it happened in June or July of 1940, then a year later you can join the allies in the fight against the Axis. I have given Germany 2 cities in Sweden instead, this makes it easier for them to invade Norway and represents Swedens iron ore and facilities that they provided to the Germans during the war. I am trying to keep the Neutral countries out completely and am thinking of saying bye to Spain. Time to get back to work C-ya

I giving this info in the forum instead of sending them
direct to you, since it have some general interest.

Capital ships (BB and BC) available at the outbreak of WW2:
(Year) = Year launched.

United Kingdom: Queen Elizabeth (1912),Warspite (1912),
Barham (1913), Malaya (1913), Valiant (1913), Revenge (1913),
Resolution (1913), Ramillies (1913), Royal Sovereign (1914)
Royal Oak (1914), Renown (1915), Repulse (1916), Hood (1916),
Nelson (1922) and Rodney (1922) = 15

France: Provence (1912), Lorraine (1912), Bretagne (1912),
Dunkerque (1932) and Strasbourg (1934) = 5

U.S.A.: Arkansas (1910), Texas (1911), New York (1911),
Nevada (1912),Oklahoma (1912), Pennsylvania (1913),
Arizona (1914),Mississipi (1915), Idaho (1915), New Mexico (1915),California (1916), Tennesse (1917), Maryland (1917),
Colorado (1919) and WestVirginia (1920) = 15

Russia: Marat (1909), October Revolution (1909) and
Paris Commune (1909) = 3

Germany: Gneisenau (1935) and Scharnhorst (1935) = 2

Italy: Guilio Cesare (1910), Conte Di Cavour (1910),
Andrea Doria (1912) and Caio Duilio (1912) = 4

Japan: Kongo (1911), Hiei (1912), Kirishima (1912),
Haruna (1912), Fuso (1912), Yamashiro (1913), Ise (1915),
Hyuga (1915), Nagato (1917) and Mutsu (1918) = 10

Note that these numbers differs somewhat from Post 13.
That´s because I have checked more sources.
The above numbers and names should be correct.

Rocoteh

Meateater - Are you going to make an update of this scenario then. Make sure that, obove all else, the city properties and player properties are fixed. This scenario has great potential - just work on it now. :)

I would add the three German "Panzerschiffe" Lützow (ex Deutschland), Admiral Scheer and Admiral Graf Spee as BCs. I know, they were later classified as heavy cruiser, but they were more BC than CA. Consider their main armament of 6 11" guns. They were faster than BCs and heavier armed than faster cruiser, so in the classic meaning a BC.

Adler

Thanks for the info and input from all. Yeah that not's too bad 54 ships. Does anyone know if there is a limit on how many units that can be added? Since all the ships listed would be made and placed on the map in the editor and could not be rebuilt by any civs, is this any different from units that can be rebuilt as for a limit on units. I have 4 unit like this all ready.
I previously made a graph of the stats as a quick reference that includes cost, movement, attack, defence, ect. for the tanks, artillery, infantry, fighters/bombers, and I began on the ships the other night. This just makes it easy to compare units stats and adjust them.
I have updated the scenario to version 1.1 and uploaded it to the link some days ago but I am currently working on version 1.3 and will try to post version 1.5 when I get there. About the player properties they have been set, and since I am not locking any civ's to any slots, all the slots are the same except for the form of government that they have, this is explained in the scenario description when loading. Only the human play slot has more stuff.
As mentioned before I have changed the AI's ability to make MP's and alliances and put all the power in the human players hands. With that power, and the amount of cash you start with, and the fact that you will also have acess to a clean map in the first 4 turns, you should have no problem getting what you want from other civ's( cash and world map are powerfull ). I am going to try a game tonight and see how it playes out. I was just getting tired of having to load a previous game because an Axis and Allie made some kind of alliance.

Originally posted by Adler17
I would add the three German "Panzerschiffe" Lützow (ex Deutschland), Admiral Scheer and Admiral Graf Spee as BCs. I know, they were later classified as heavy cruiser, but they were more BC than CA. Consider their main armament of 6 11" guns. They were faster than BCs and heavier armed than faster cruiser, so in the classic meaning a BC.

Adler

Yes, I think you are right (although they were not "official"
Capital ships). Considering the gigantic forces allocated
by Britain to sink Admiral Graf Spee it makes sense.

Admiral Graf Spee was destroyed near the port of Montevideo,
on order by its commander. (To save the lives of the crew.)

Of the above mentioned British BB.s and BC:s, Royal Oak
was sunk in Scapa Flow by a German submarine, Hood was
sunk by Bismarck, Barham was sunk near Tobruk by a
German submarine, Repulse was sunk (and Prince of Wales)
by Japanese air.

Rocoteh

Oh, I forgot to mention there was a sister of the Bismarck, the Tirpitz, which was commissioned shortly after the Bismarck and was sunk in 1944 due to new developed bombs. Nothing else could hurt her dangerouslly. BTW she was indeed a bit bigger than her sister Bismarck.

Adler

Top Bottom