1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Beta-test] v.40 beta 1

Discussion in 'R.E.D. World War II Edition' started by Gedemon, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I hope this one will be short !

DISCLAIMER for the beta version:
    - No installation support
    - Use only the Europe 39-45 map to test the Fall of france event

Links are in the spoiler, read the above first and click "show".
    Spoiler :

Again the "Fall of France" on the 39-45 map is what to test here

Here is a savegame from v.39 that you can use to quickly test the new function:
    Fall_of_France_Test.Civ5Save

Launch the mod, load the save, don't do anything, just attack Paris with the Sturmpanzer VI and please report if the game crashes for you.

If it does, please post your lua.log.

If it doesn't, try to make it crashes with new settings (make France capture a few cities on the map, place units there and there, etc... be creative ! :D)

Report also new bugs in this thread (but check the list below to see if it has not been already reported)

Current new bugs since v.39 final:
    • (none)

Change log :

And thanks for testing :goodjob:

2. MacLazer

MacLazer Chieftain

Allright, I'm downloading now. I'll provide the lua.log after i test it

EDIT: can't figure out where to put it... there is no .civ5mod file in either of the mod folders

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

just delete the previous version and put the .civ5mod file in the mods folder, launch the game, go in the mods menu, extraction should begin after a few seconds.

else you can use 7zip to extract the mod from the .civ5mod file.

you may have to unsubscribe from steam to manually install this version.

4. jaffaaddict

jaffaaddict Chieftain

The beta works without a crash for me, the territorial anomaly also seems to be fixed, however resistance remains.

Attached Files:

5. ZeroZeroSix

ZeroZeroSix Prince

Didnt crash on Paris capture. Then I spawned French unit in Paris and Riems with IGE and it didnt crashed as well.

6. MacLazer

MacLazer Chieftain

It's all good. It lags a bit, but that's fine. I still don't know what those lines of code did that we removed... what did they do?

Attached Files:

• Lua.zip
      File size:
      13.1 KB
      Views:
  7. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

ho, yes, thanks, I forgot to do a pass on Vichy's cities, I'll fix that the final release (ie: not now, not critical)

the goal was to find when the crash happened, it could have been during the units displacements by the mod's script, during city flipping by the mod's script (which may cause other units displacements caused by the game's own rules), when the culture on the tile is changed (which may cause, again, units displacements from the game's rules AND city flipping), etc, etc...

some of the actions were looping (the mod's script asking to flip a city, but if the action was not finished by the game's engine when culture changed on the plot later in the code, it triggered another call to the function handling city flipping, etc, etc...)

there is lag now because the mod's script give back the hand to the game's engine for a few frame after every action but that was not sufficient to prevent crashing, I've removed some loop, cleaned parts of the codes that were not needed, based on your reports.

Anyway that's very good news, please everyone who had the bug I'd like you to try various settings, and if you find one who crashes, please post the save and the log here.

and, again, thank you guys for the test :goodjob:

8. DanAndStuff

DanAndStuff Chieftain

Holy hell, I've been waiting for this for so long, thank you Gedemon! T_T

Fall of France seems to work fine for me and I can confirm that the weird French territory strip that appeard between Vichy and Italy seems to be gone now. I will mess around with it for a bit and report any bugs I can find.

9. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Yes, we've fixed one particular save, let me know if you manage to create another one that crashes.

10. sonihi

sonihi Chieftain

It works!

11. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

No more crashes then ? did some of you had time to test a few other situations ?

12. MacLazer

MacLazer Chieftain

Yeah, I've tested it with other situations. Not only that, I also tested it with the Fall of Denmark and the Fall of Poland. Both worked fine. However, in my latest test, the Fall of France event never fired upon capturing Paris.

13. DEathgod65

DEathgod65 Chieftain

Finally the Fall of France Event works!

14. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Good !

And it doesn't fire if U.S.S.R. has entered the war against Germany or after 1941.

15. MacLazer

MacLazer Chieftain

Ah! That's why. For testing, I declared war on the Soviet Union.

16. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.