[Beta-test] v.45 beta 4

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
Don't have a lot of time tonight, so a very quick post as I want the beta to start ASAP :D

DISCLAIMER for the beta version:
- No installation support

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w84wqjs21cv7sbu/R.E.D._WWII_Edition_(v_45)_beta_4.civ5mod

works with Data Files v.5

Select USA for observer mode.

Try various setting as observer:
- Difficulty (that will put more or less units on the map, which impact resources consumption)
- Maginot / Siegfried lines

Post game result in this topic, TIA :)

Feedback on AI when you play is also welcome.

Change log:

AI (DLL):
- Every nation use same value (5) for all flavors (testing purpose)
- Tweak score target for cities
- Make defensive Bastion and defend improvements only when they are under immediate threat
- Do not count Air units for Dominance zones (testing purpose)
- Air units should rebase out of cities about to be captured
- Fighters and Attack Aircraft should not bombard cities when they will have no effect on the defense and very small effect on improvements around.

Global:
- Add Urzahil's units icons
- Add Urzahil's German translation
- Add civilizations maps from JFD WWII Leader mod
- Add WWII 3D Leaders to authorized mods list
- Add ZiS-3 soviet Field Gun
- Remove all traits description as they are not all activated
- Change the text on mod initialization to explain the "version number" error: either trying to load on a mac, or using an obsolete version
- Update the turn processing text to show that the mod is updating values after the Barbarian turn
- Restore the "return to Main Menu" button (should not crash anymore)

Europe 1939-1945:
- Make improvements and road/rails visible for all nations at game start.
- Tweak initial buildings list in cities
- Remove Strasbourg for France, update Maginot Line position
- Remove some small soviet cities
- Move Munich, add Essen and Leipzig, remove Passau and Magdeburg for Germany
- Change some population values
- Add troops route out of U.K. in case of near complete conquest by Germany AI
- Add Operation Fallgelb for Germany (human and AI), available only if the Maginot Line is on the map.
- Always place the Modlin Fortress in Poland
- Set friend relation between USSR and Palestine/Egypt, to allow spawning of convoy to USSR via Suez
- Add Mannerheim Line for Finland and Oreshek Fortress for USSR
- Allow Operation Seelowe after succeeding in USSR invasion and if France is also invaded (or has fallen)

Balance :
- Update AI operational and tactical defines values
- Lower Mobile AA combat modifier vs Armor (from 100 to 25)
- Add and edit Army Formations from Artificial Unintelligence mod
- Tweak U.K. and Italy Order of Battle
- Tweak "MotherLand Call" military operation flavors and cost
- Change maintenance cost for roads (free) and rails (2 gpt)
- Tweak ratio between number of cities and total population for units supplied
- Barracks (+0.25 unit), Arsenals (+0.5 units) and Military Bases (+1 unit) can raise the total number of units supplied
- Positive (+1 unit per 100 gpt) and negative (-1 unit per -20 gpt) gold income change total number of units supplied
- Tweak the base supplied value for all nations, based on above change
- Difficulty level now affect the total number of unit supplied (for reference, the difference is around 20 units between Prince and Deity)
- Anti-Air artillery ratio can be set for the AI
- Add specific penalties to Air units under fuel restriction
- Add ranged penalty for land units under fuel restriction
- Tweak flavors values for some units
- Reset all UNIT_AI types for consistency

Bug fix:
- BM13-16 project reference is the BM-13 Katyusha, not the T-34...
- Set upgrade path for Katyusha and Sturmovik
- Add forgotten mobile artillery projects to Germany
- Fix Field Gun size
- Allow Greece to trigger allied victory
- Give French territory to correct player when the AI conquer Paris
- On Military operation, launch Paratroopers from a city and check that it's a friendly city (ie not captured)
- Remove Joffre project
- A bad reference to "close city" could make the map update fail and the following forced diplomacy was not called
- Sometime the mod was trying to upgrade an unit without reference (and failed, loosing any upgrade possibility for that turn)
- Tactical moves priorities should be correctly set from the config file (NewRules.sql) now

Crash fix:
- Prevent a crash that could occur on some computers when changing the number of resistance turns after capturing a city
- Prevent a crash that could occur on some computers when a defending unit is destroyed after capturing the last city of a civilization
- Fix rocket artillery graphical initialization that was causing random crashes when firing at large figures units (like infantry)
- Removed a file from the VFS that was causing a crash when going back to main menu

Just a C/P from the dev thread to explain a bit the content of the beta (and there are the great icons by Urzahil too... and 3 crash fixes)

Thanks.

A small post to explain why v.45 beta is not released yet:

As you know the Germany AI is not performing well in all situations, so I've added a kind of observer mode and run a lot of test games, which, as you may know, takes a lot of time...

Understanding the combat AI is a mandatory step for future version, so in the end this extra time spend on v.45 will be usefull for the "reloaded" development.

Result of those tests were not very good, even after some tweaks to AI related DB values and to the C++ code.

So I've taken the brute way and completely removed some part of the C++ code related to defensive positions: those were causing the AI to put many units in defensive positions where they were not needed at all, penalizing Germany by mobilizing many units far from the front while having to maintain them.

In my first test game Germany invaded France, U.K. and was close to Moscow and Stalingrad in 1945. (without Maginot and Siegfried lines)

I've launched another test game today, I'll check the result when back from work and try to release a beta version.

During beta, I'll try to bring back the removed code with new checks to prevent "bastions" and other defensive positions far from the front.

and now i find your post while im at work, wish i could call in sick from my own desk =)

and now i find your post while im at work, wish i could call in sick from my own desk =)

Well, you'll get beta 2 instead with Operation Fallgelb (available only if the Maginot line is on the map, for balance)

link updated in OP

Cant wait to get home and test this. I forsee many nights of mahem and a lack of sleep :goodjob:

Hmm, the auto end turn feature(in game options) is not working.. How do I enable it?

Just fortify the US special troops placed in Greenland (auto-turn should be already set)

Hey boss, i noticed that in the new beta test build you have not put Strasbourg on the map however it is defined in the defines LUA, just making sure this was intended :D

wow alot of visual changes :goodjob:

just gee wiz after looking at it for a few turns, no more cities in Ireland but an overlap for Glasgow, interesting!

Essen literally right next to Cologne, intended?

Lotta visual changes / city changes on the Norway Coast =)

Liepzig makes an appearance below Berlin.

Probably many other changes i havent seen yet or dont remember from the other map.

Playing usa
Settler mode
Script event on
No defence line

Denmark fall 20 april 1940
Paris fall 1 june 1940
Belgium fall 10 july 1940
Syria libarated 20 august 1940
Poland fall 20 august 1940
Amsterdam taken 1 sept 1940
Operation Weserübung 10 may 1941
Egypt fall 10 june 1941
Murmansk taken 10 september 1941 by german fallschirms

I stoped in 1 january 1942.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 565
Where would I put the file? xD I know that is an idiotic question but I'm lost.

Playing usa
Settler mode
Script event on
Defence line ON

Poland fall 10 november 1939
Denmark fall 10 april 1940
Fall Gelg 10 may 1940
Belgium fall 20 may 1940
Amsterdam fall 20 june 1940
France fall 20 october 1940
Operation Weserübung 1 july 1941

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 442
Where would I put the file? xD I know that is an idiotic question but I'm lost.

You have to unpack it with 7z or winzip as an example and you put it in

C:\Users\Admin\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 45).

Thanks :3 I got the unpacking I was just confused on where to put it, or if I should combine it with something.

I tried to reinstall the mod but auto end turn is still not working(I'm playing as USA of course, fortified special forces).

Hey boss, i noticed that in the new beta test build you have not put Strasbourg on the map however it is defined in the defines LUA, just making sure this was intended :D
it's commented out ("--" at the beginning of the line).

and a lot of the removed soviet cities are not commented out (not a problem if they do not have defined buildings)

Playing usa
Settler mode
Script event on
No defence line

Denmark fall 20 april 1940
Paris fall 1 june 1940
Belgium fall 10 july 1940
Syria libarated 20 august 1940
Poland fall 20 august 1940
Amsterdam taken 1 sept 1940
Operation Weserübung 10 may 1941
Egypt fall 10 june 1941
Murmansk taken 10 september 1941 by german fallschirms

thanks !

no seelowe in both tests ?

alternate history ?

I tried to reinstall the mod but auto end turn is still not working(I'm playing as USA of course, fortified special forces).
anyone else ?

can you post the lua.log please ?

thanks, nothing strange in the log... note that it does not "check" the autoturn in the options, but it should act as if it was.

anyway if I go all the way and add operations for the USA, I'll use the code from my real spawn date mod instead.

Top Bottom