Beta testers needed for new game.

ercolesptr

Chieftain
As I have said in a previous thread I have written a solar system colonization game, which is about 80% complete. It is similar to Millenium 2.2/Deuteros but is a realtime 3D game. Attached to this thread are some screen shots of the game.

I am looking for beta testers as well as people who would like to get involved in its development. At present you can download the latest beta version of the game from here:

see below

Hot-keys for helping beta testing are:

[F2] Quicksave. Saves the game into the file "save_0.sav". Can also be used to mark a position in level walkthrough mode.
[F3] Quickload. Loads the last saved game.
[F5] Video resolution up.
[Shift-F5] Video resolution down.
[F6] Takes screenshots to the file "shot_n.jpg".
[F12] Toggles music and sound.
[Alt-F4] Shuts down the engine.
[Esc] Shuts down the engine.
[Alt-Enter] Toggles window and fullscreen mode.

Any comments as well as bugs found please post them to this thread.

Attachments

• shot_0.jpg
    shot_0.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 185
  • shot_1.jpg
    shot_1.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 136
  • shot_2.jpg
    shot_2.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 135
Is it limited to our Solar system or to many other solar systems?

At present it is limited to our own solar system like Millenium 2.2. but that can be expanded later on. Never the less there are 28 in total of planets and moons, plus 10 asteroids, so there is plenty of space to colonize. The game features much more in depth micro management than usual space strategy games.

Looks good but I'm a bit busy with some other games atm, sorry :)

OK, so here is a quick tutorial:

By keeping the right mouse button pressed and moving the mouse you can pan the camera view up, down, left & right.
By keeping the third mouse button pressed and moving horizontally you can rotate the camera.
By moving the mouse cursor to the edges of the screen you move camera forward, backward, left and right.

You interact with the game by clicking on planets or moons with left mouse button. At first the only colonized planet is Earth, if you click on it you will get a panel with 8 buttons. Clicking the buttons will open the respective screen to interact with. You should start by researching the MK I solar panel, then produce it in the production menu and later activate it in the energy menu. To build items you will need resources, there are 15 resources which are mined from the planets and moons. However to mine resources you need 20MW of energy. At first you get 50 tons of the first 5 resources, you should use these to built 2 solar panels MK I which will give you 20MW. You can then start the mining of materials. Built silos to get more storage space on the planet or moon. You will also need habitats to increase your population, this is necessary to man spaceships, etc. You should then start building a probe. Launch it from the hanger menu and move it to a planet or moon. You move it by left clicking on it and then right clicking on the planet or moon you want to send it to. Once the probe is on the planet, go to research and research the probe data. You should then be able to see what resources that the planet or moon produces by left clicking on the planet or moon. You colonize the planet by building a colonizer and sending it on the planet.

You will notice that you will be missing resources to build some structures, for these you will need to use a grazer to mine resources from the ten asteroids orbiting the sun between Mars and Jupiter orbits. You can mine resources from asteroids by deploying a grazer on an asteroid and then after mining the asteroid send it back to earth.

Hope this gives you a quick guide.

There's no executable in the game?

I scanned it all with Avast! and it looks completely clean, but I don't see how to execute it.

There's no executable in the game?

I scanned it all with Avast! and it looks completely clean, but I don't see how to execute it.

Yes there is an executable file called Solar.exe it has a blue icon lite-c A8. Just click on it and the game will start.

Does this need any unzipping?

Glitches
1. When I go rename on the Grazer1 in the hanger the game freezes, thats all I got for now

Its really good a bit complicated but good, Im going to post a few screenshots and you need to add like a menu bar so you can quickly select stuff and it would be more easy to play

Have added some new features, now Game is 90% complete.

Added features, Defence system added where player has to defend planet from asteroids collision. These has been enabled to player for beta testing but is not yet completely integrated into the game.

Added possibility to zoom on planets with mouse wheel after clicking on planet.

Added map enabled by pressing m key and disabled by n key.

Link for download of new version:

see below

Top Bottom